What's new

Untitled

Mike Lamb

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
1,641
Reaction score
598
Location
Chicago
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
realtor2proof.jpg
 
I am really liking the room and it's treatment. The man, not so much. I see a small child or young girl on the floor, perhaps in fetal position or in some form of deep thought in soliture.
 
I like this image. I wish I could explain why. Such a beautiful scene outside. Such an empty and depressing scene inside. And the man, he doesn't seem to be noticing the inner emptiness or the outer beauty, but is lost in something. And then there is the weird perspective. Is there a relationship between the man and the figure outside?

Well, that's what was going on in my head in response to your image.

Thanks.
 
Really excellent idea, and I agree with what others said... the connection with the guy doesn't seem to quite click. However, I think a part of it is he doesn't look all that beaten or alone or whatever... he's standing, for one. And he's also doing... something. Can't tell what he has in his hands, and that becomes really distracting.

I also think with a shot like this that little minor details REALLY stand out. Like it appears that the walls aren't DEAD straight- perspective and tilt issues. Minor ones, but I see them. It appears that one of the doors may be open slightly or something? There's an odd reflection or something on the bottom part of the middle tier of glass, the wall outlet on the right side... and it appears that the ceiling changed abruptly or something. ALL of these could be corrected... minor tweaks, some rubber stamping, etc. but to me they stood out big time. Oh also, it looks like your camera wasn't dead center so there's a bit of a perspective tweak left to right. And you may want to ask yourself if you want the camera at that height. (You may, it just looks like you took it at standing height, so I wonder if you thought about it.)

I would totally try for this again, but change up your subject a bit and then tweak a few things.

Very nice in general.
 
Thanks so much for your comments.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom