Up-Close Profiles of Some Sparrows.

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took these with my Sigma 105mm F/2.8 Macro lens..the birds were about 10-14" from the camera, so they allowed me to get quite close. They were only cropped to the extent that it took to straighten them. Slight levels adjustment and 20% sharpen. C&C if you wish. Enjoy!

DSC_5352.jpg

URL]

DSC_5353.jpg

Mark

Very nice love the detail!

Very nice! I did the same last week with chickadee. Those little guys are very friendly. I love the details you came out with, especially #1. Would it be possible in #3 to reduce the highlights on the right side of the head? The colors are a bit sad because of the sun intensity. Maybe a little more contrast? Very nice!

Hope you don't mind, I made a quick attempt on the JPG to explain what I mean. Would be able to do much better with a RAW. But that partially what I meant. I increased the black, some highlights recovery and a bit of color boost. All made in RawThereapee.

DSC_5353.jpg

I didn't use any kind of blind or anything. I set some seed out, and the birds come by. I didn't see any cardinals that day, and the pigeons and doves were too big to fit in the frame. If I moved to scoot back, they would fly away. All I was left with was the small birds, and I'm okay with that. :)

Thanks for the compliment.
Mark

I didn't use any kind of blind or anything. I set some seed out, and the birds come by. I didn't see any cardinals that day, and the pigeons and doves were too big to fit in the frame. If I moved to scoot back, they would fly away. All I was left with was the small birds, and I'm okay with that. :)

Thanks for the compliment.
Mark
Theres nothing wrong with that, good job!
Wes

Most reactions

New Topics

Back