Updating the forum UI for larger images

dolina

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First, I would like to thank the admin, mod and site owner(s) for the tireless work they have done with our forum.

Is there any chance that the forum UI be updated by relocating objects on the left side of the screen like the member's

- username
- membership status

to the top part of the post?

This frees up the space on the left for more space for larger photos that can be as wide as 1600px.

Last edited:
One problem I have with very large images is the load speed and bandwidth used. I feel it is much better to post a smaller version of the image and provide a link to the original (on an externally hosted site) for those that want to see the full resolution image. YMMV.

One problem I have with very large images is the load speed and bandwidth used. I feel it is much better to post a smaller version of the image and provide a link to the original (on an externally hosted site) for those that want to see the full resolution image. YMMV.
Good point.

In my poor nation 50Mbps fiber is now less than US$23/mo and 5G data is less than US$0.13/GB.

Both are 12% VAT inc.

Is internet more expensive in where you live?

Service is also relatively cheap where I am, but some areas still have slow connection speeds. I also don't care to scroll side-to-side to see a post when viewing n a smaller screen; I don't always use the 38" monitor.

Not everyone has blazing-fast innernets, and not everyone has a monitor the size of a moving van. 800- to 1000- pixel images should be the max. If you want larger, host them off-site with a link in consideration of the aforementioned.

Most reactions

Back