Upgrade from Canon SX50 HS to Interchangeable Lens

chrisn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Lately, I've been thinking about upgrading from my Canon SX50 HS to an interchangeable lens camera. The reason I went for the SX50 HS in the first place was its combination of zoom and macro abilities. The superzoom I don't use a whole lot, but it can be useful at times. Another reason was CHDK. The most common features I use would be the bracketing functions, longer exposure, and the interval shooting scripts.

The majority of my photos are outdoor, with macro shots being most common; and studio photos of my pens are next. Since outdoor macro shots can tend to be poorly lit, I am looking to step up the quality of my images in low(ish) light conditions.

One feature I definitely want is a tilting or articulated LCD. I'm used to an articulated, but I think a tilt would work for what I am using it for. I am leaning towards a micro 4/3, due to the large variety of lenses available, but I don't want to leave other systems out.

Features that would be cool, but not required:

• High fps continuous shooting
  • Slow motion video
  • Remote control via Android app
I would like to keep my total cost below $1000, with decent zoom and macro capabilities included in that price. I'm not opposed to purchasing older models to keep my cost down, either.

What I am really looking at seriously right now is the Olympus OM-D E-M10 with kit 14-42 lens, cheap Olympus 40-150 lens, a macro converter & macro extension tubes. That brings the total to less than $800, which suits my budget just fine.

Bump! Anyone have any advice they'd care to share? I'm still looking at the Olympus OM-D E-M10. I can't get over the built-in IS.

If you like the Olympus OM-D E-M10, why not buy it? It's a good camera.
Rudi

Most reactions

Back