upgraded to t6i

Scroller

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just upgraded from the Canon Rebel t3 to the Rebel t6i. I am slowly learning the new camera however the one thing that I can not figure out is on the af points...On the t3 I saw all nine and the center one was set up so that I could focus on say an eye and my subject would be in focus. On the t6i I have a fairly large square and find some of my pics not in focus as Im trying to use that to focus. Is it possible to set the t6i up like the t3 as far as the af points are concerned.
Thanks

The T6i has a more advanced focusing system than previous Rebel models. The higher end models (particularly on the 7D II, 5D III, and 1D X) have extremely advanced focusing systems for advanced photographers and these aren't necessarily very intuitive (a photographer would want to spend some time learning how these focus systems work.) I bring this up, because the T6i/T6s focus system is basically a mini version of those advanced focus systems. It's slightly less intuitive, but a lot more powerful once you learn how it works.

Here's a video that may help (specifically on how to use the T6i/T6s focus system):

The T6i has a more advanced focusing system than previous Rebel models. The higher end models (particularly on the 7D II, 5D III, and 1D X) have extremely advanced focusing systems for advanced photographers and these aren't necessarily very intuitive (a photographer would want to spend some time learning how these focus systems work.) I bring this up, because the T6i/T6s focus system is basically a mini version of those advanced focus systems. It's slightly less intuitive, but a lot more powerful once you learn how it works.

Here's a video that may help (specifically on how to use the T6i/T6s focus system):

^^ that explains it

thanks for the replies, TCampbell this was spot on exactly what I needed and more. Thank You sooooo much

Most reactions

New Topics

Back