Upgrading my SLR for video

You may also want to check with this forum. More dedicated to video cam. There are people there using DSLRs for their video related business and I am sure they know more than me as far as video in DSLR concern.

Take a look at this thread as well.
60D vs T3i

iresq said:
What? How is the video better on a t3i? Both cameras use the same sensor. Did canon cripple the 60d firmware? By the way I have a 60d but don't recall thinking that I really wanted a t3i.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The only differences between the two have to do with photos... It's a lot better to get a T3i and battery grip instead, because then you have more money for lenses, audio, and other accessories.

You're not really going to save that much getting a T3i over a 60D. But I do have to say after having gotten used to the improved controls/interface of the 60D that when I had to use a T3i I was frustrated with the controls feeling unnatural and less efficient. Also, the battery on the 60D is significantly better than the T3i.

In my opinion it's well worth the extra $200 or whatever it costs now. It's kinda of like buying the most basic model of a car versus one that has more upgrades. Sometimes it's worth the cost.

Hmmm, I guess it all comes down to price vs functions... I just don't see why get a 60D for video when you could get a T3i. However, I would probably go with a 60D If I did have a few hundred more dollars

sigh... If you're going to get an SLR for video, you might as well get a T3i then spend more money on lenses or an external mic. The 60D is really just for anyone who wants a T3i, but want's better photos. The video from a T3i is better, you can have magic lantern, in-camera custom audio controls, and full 1080p 3x digital zoom.

Just FYI, the video from the T3i is not better. The 60D and T3i share the same sensor. The 60D also has the same digital zoom capabilities as the T3i, and has Magic Lantern support.

Maybe you should look up info about the cameras in question some time. Rather than just spraying off opinion as if it were fact.

Having used neither of the Cameras in question, but with a great deal of experience with the Canon DSLR line, the 60D would be better for video IMHO.

Yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards. Mainly towards the 60D+55-250 lens+bag and card which is perfect for me since right now I only have the standard 18-55 and using FD zoom lenses. It's a mere $1,430 though, so it might not be til the summer til I get it, and I'm debating on whether I should hold off on saving for that until I change the the clutch in my car. At least I'm settled on a camera, thanks so much for the help!

Nivk

nthomas33 said:
Yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards. Mainly towards the 60D+55-250 lens+bag and card which is perfect for me since right now I only have the standard 18-55 and using FD zoom lenses. It's a mere $1,430 though, so it might not be til the summer til I get it, and I'm debating on whether I should hold off on saving for that until I change the the clutch in my car. At least I'm settled on a camera, thanks so much for the help!

Nivk

By then, the 70D and/or T4i will probably be announced... You might wanna look out for those !

TheKenTurner said:
By then, the 70D and/or T4i will probably be announced... You might wanna look out for those !

Friggin ever expanding technology! Haha I'll definitely keep an eye out for those, thanks for the head up!

Nick

Most reactions

Back