Uploading images from hard drive?

taskerm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone. New to the forum (and to photography). I'm trying to start a new thread and upload some images in the HDR forum. They are stored on my hard drive (I have them in the cloud via Lightroom CC as well). When I browse for the file and click upload, I keep getting some sort of security error, and I can't upload the file. I'm probably missing something very stupid here. There is a thread discussing how to upload files, but it seems to focus only on Flickr and Imgur, which I don't currently use. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

From your computer, you should be able to just drag them into your thread and select full size. They should be small but I forget what size. I usually resize mine to about 1024 or less (medium)

The 'security error' usually indicates the image file size is larger than TPF's maximum allowed files size of about 2 MB (2.2 MB I think).
FILE size can be adjusted by lowering the Quality value when Saving an image.
Here on TPF a low quality setting (low file size) does not negatively affect the clarity of images posted.

Pixel dimensions (image size, or resolution) can be whatever, as long as the FILE size is less than 2 MB.

I've posted images that are as wide as 4000 px and file sizes as low as 500 kb.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back