Upside down, right side up

faithe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Testing out the new 10D... Loving it!

upsie.jpg

Great pic...it gave me a laugh.

What kind of dog is that?

He's a mix between Bichon Frise and Shih-tzu. He's quite a ham too. One of his tricks is 'bang' where I point my finger and he rolls over on his back.

My new camera is so much faster than my old one that I actually had time to get down to the ground for the shot.

Nice...I also have a Bichon - Shih-tzu cross.

Please share some pictures! I adore this mix. Where'd you get yours? How old? Everyone that meets Bear is shocked to see how intelligent and loving he is. He gets high off loving.

I'm anxious to see if these traits are a trait of the cross, but haven't found anybody else that had one.

I actually inherited mine. My grandmother past away last year and she had two of them. I bought her house and the family decided that Muffy would be best off in the only home she had ever known.

I think she is around 10 years old. Quite a lot of personality.She is quite intelligent but never really learned a lot of tricks. If I hold food out for her, she will stand on her hind legs and turn around in a circle. Although, if it's a good treat, she gets excited and it's more of a jump & spin.

She also learned that she should not run around with wet feet. When she is let out and comes back in with wet feet, I say "dirty feet" and she will sit on the door mat and lift up her paws to be cleaned off.

The funniest thing about her is that she loves iceberg lettuce. She goes nuts for it. If I have some in the fridge, she know about it and will get me to follow her to the fridge and point at the crisper. She also loves just about any other fruits & veggies.

I never would have bought a small dog but since we got her...we have just fallen in love with her.

Muffy-01-post.jpg

That's a wonderful 'adoption' story. Though I'm sorry to hear that your grandmother passed away.

She's adorable. It looks like she has the same bite and quizzical head tilt as my boy.

I was always a big dog person until I met Bear when he was about twelve weeks old.

Muffy sounds a lot like Bear. Bear adores any fruit or vegetable. We discovered this when I was waiting for an emmisions test on my car. A girl in the waiting room was eating an orange and jokingly asked if Bear would like some. He gobbled it up and I think she ended up giving him half her orange.

I haven't ever given him lettuce, but I'll see if he likes it. :)

Does Muffy like yogurt?

I'm not sure...I'm pretty sure she would eat yogurt if I gave her some.

I'm having a problem right now finding a food for her. She was fed "Rollover" her whole life. It's a soft meaty tube like food that has to be cut up when you give it to them.

That was making her breath smelly (& fat) so I put her on IAMS adult food. She only ate it when she was desperate and starving. I found out it's because she has some bad teeth because of all the soft food. So I switched to Kibbles & bits, she eats the soft bits and picks out the crunchy ones.

I could go to a softer canned food but I'd like to find something that won't make her breath so stinky.

Some of her teeth will have to come out soon, I'm sure that will help with the stinky breath as well.

It's tough when they've gotten used to eating a certain type of food all her life. We inherited a little dog, as well (my parents, I mean), she's a chihuahua/terrier of some sort mix..she eats soft cat food and people food.

I stick with dry crunchy food because it helps fight tartar. Bear's on Holiztique Blends. It's more expensive than the grocery store brands because it contains all human grade food.

If you can find a food that she likes, feed her 1-2 tablespoons of plain yogurt and her breath should better within a week. It will also soften her food if she's having a hard time chewing. I swear by the yogurt thing.

Another food I've heard of but haven't tried is called 'dog food for the dog lover's soul' or something like that.

Go to www.doggroups.com and you can find testimonials about pretty much any brand of food.

Most reactions

Back