Upsizing w/ great lens vs. Higher Rez w/ good lens.

I'd go with a D300 for now and save for a D3X when it comes out.

Unless you are on stage the crop will work in your favor and more importantly you aren't investing nearly as much of your initial capitalization in a start-up company. There is a lot more to be spent on than just camera equipment. ;)

... which is traditionally $1000-$1200 higher than the D(2 or 3) version. Another issue is that someone could end up waiting a year as easily as a week for this camera. No real release date yet... not even possible to pre-order (which usually can be done a couple months before release).

Unless you have something close to what you want now, and are relatively satisfied with what it is and do not mind waiting, I'd look for something released today. Besides, D700s are available now for $2350US and I bet will fall another 51 dollars between now and January 2009.

Unless you are on stage the crop will work in your favor and more importantly you aren't investing nearly as much of your initial capitalization in a start-up company. There is a lot more to be spent on than just camera equipment. ;)

If he's looking at a 14-24 and 16-35, something tells me the crop won't be working in his favor.

I'm shooting mainly hdr jerry. :)
Where I'm at now is this. If a Nikon had the resolution of a Canon with that 14-24mm lens there is no question witch brand I would lean towards. At this time, though I feel rez is an important thing to consider.

Heck, some stock photo companies what an upsize on a 10mp camera. I just want to keep myself ahead of the curve, not only in the stock photo business but also dealing with consumers.

Basically I want to have digital files that can be blown up to the highest rez possible and still satisfy. At this point, for me, it seems as though the canon will suit my needs best.

Thanks for all of the input everyone!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back