Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
.. One from Paul Allen's "Flying Heritage Collection"
Paine Field, Everett Wa.
5-PSPSATRESUSM-PSPPAINTUPAPA-.jpg

Thanks for lookin'

~ Don

Last edited:
Showing now. There's red/green color aberrations on the prop and nose-cone. I thought you may have been using a wide-angle adaptor but viewing the EXIF data I think it's due to F3.5 at 18mm. Let me see if i can knock it out. It should sharpen-up the image.

.. Hey' nice fix dot! good eye, I new something was a bit fuzzy'
I shot this a few years back, one of my first outings with a dslr" .. I'v learned a bit since (I think?)
:) ... thanks

~ Don

Your Spitfire and Hurricane photo..Are they of the BB Memorial Flight? I see the Czech insignia on the Spit but didn't know of other Hurricanes still in airworthy condition (are there?)...and "Z" looks familiar.

cheers,

Your Spitfire and Hurricane photo..Are they of the BB Memorial Flight? I see the Czech insignia on the Spit but didn't know of other Hurricanes still in airworthy condition (are there?)...and "Z" looks familiar.

cheers,

.. Hello dots* .. these were taken last summer at Paul Allens "Flying Heritage Collection" free fly-days here in Everette's Paine Field.
Here is the best I can do for a brief history of these aircraft*

.. Hurricane*
---> Hawker Hurricane Mk.XIIA : The Flying Heritage Collection

.. Spitfire*
---> Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vc : The Flying Heritage Collection

~ Don

Last edited:
Beautiful colors on this fighter. Just imagine that his plane could take down one of man kinds first fighter jets the Me 262...Ahh the glory of history...and the Rolls Royce :)

Beautiful colors on this fighter. Just imagine that his plane could take down one of man kinds first fighter jets the Me 262...Ahh the glory of history...and the Rolls Royce :)

.. Hey' thanks for that nice tid-bit of info M.A.' .. I did not know that, after a little research I found that our "Prop-Job's"
shot down well over 100 jets during the war, even the P-47 had an impressive kill ratio.
I must look for some old P-47' Thunderbot* shot's I have somewhere.

.. scroll down a bit in this thread I found, these old war buff historians really get into it!

----> ME 262 vs. P-51

~ Don

For example I've looked at US claims against the German jets, because there are good books on both sides; those claims are quite accurate, the Me-262 losses at least 3/4 of what the USAAF credited its pilots with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back