0164.jpg

0165.jpg

0166.jpg

0168.jpg

0169.jpg

0170.jpg

0171.jpg

("exit")

Yes, 163 for me, as well. But 168 is also excellent in the use of a darker overall tonality combined with strict framing - combining to exude a nice mood.

Tuna

Thanks for comments, all.
People often tell me that 169 has a good texture, but that it is too blurry, or that the composition is without interest. What do you think about that?
Same about 171 : "there's a message that is not clear". Opinions?

Well, first of all let me tell you that I am yet one more person here who is quite fond of the play of light and shadow in your Photo 163.
Along with that one I also like the next (164) - on its own, and as one that gives context to the other. But also 164 could stand on its own. I like that you left the colours in that one!

And I really like the way you highlighted that absolutely mundane scene in Photo 166. There is so absolutely NOTHING about it, just a backyard and a bike, but your photo makes it all IMPORTANT. Worth the while to stop and frame just this scene. I really like that!!!

As to your questions: I find 169 a bit on the dark side and wonder whether a play with contrasts and a bit of Unsharp Mask could bring it out better? Or are you all against using Photoshop on your photos? There is something there in that frame but it is a bit hidden in the darkness, particularly in the lower right corner. Unless you say this way your very plan, I would wish for a tad more light in that one.

And 171 makes me wonder why the second SORTIE is upside down ... is it a reflection? If so, I can't what it is that reflects the word?

LaFoto :
Concerning 169, it is only a come back to a place where i took one of my first "serious" picture. But as i'm experimenting "dark" photos these last days, i pushed the treatment to it's extreme (darkness, principally). Concerning the blurryness, i'm not sure of it's origin, but i think the too violent curves layer "ate" the borders. I'm not really used to use (un)sharpen and such things, so i still do not use them (wow, what a clear sentence...)
"sortie" is a reflection in a "little water lake on the bottom after the rain" (how poetic... but dunno the exact word :D).

I especially like 163, 168, 171. And maybe it's a personal impression thing, I don't feel that the images look urban enough to me. Maybe you should continue to show us what's after 171. Glad to see your name again, and keep posting. :)

willpops said:
... a "little water lake on the bottom after the rain" ...

...is the perfect definition of a puddle :D.

Most reactions

Back