What's new

Urban Assault Ride at the UofM

uberben

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
651
Reaction score
7
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We went out for a urban ride on the University of Minnesota campus a few weeks back. It was pretty cold out still, but we had a lot of fun none-the-less
1.
bike6.JPG

2.
bike5.JPG

3.
bik4.JPG

4.
bike1.JPG

5.
bike7.JPG

6.
bike8.JPG

7.
bike9.JPG
 
love these... just wish you would have gotten the whole front tire in #5. I would hang that one up on my kids wall...
 
love these... just wish you would have gotten the whole front tire in #5. I would hang that one up on my kids wall...

I totally agree. he was hauling ass on that and I'm still learning how to do panning shots. Live and learn.
 
uberben, you said it was OK to edit your images, so I hope you don't mind my suggested change for photo #4 :) (Not much editing here actually... just tilted it a degree or two.)

Like or no like?

bike1.jpg
 
I dig it. Nice job. I may have to run with that !
 
Of the unedited versions (uberben's original post), I instantly liked the one best that later shows as edited and tilted, just because the projections on that wall are so totally straight and aligning with the edge of the photo.
So I am one of those to clearly prefer the original to the edited version.
But then I've always had problems with tilted lines...

Yes, pity about the clipped off front wheel. That pan is so cool otherwise.
 
Very nice shots, are you a student there, or just ride there?
 
Riding urban on a Bottlerocket? Haha, must've been a blast. Cool shots, I like the wide angle stuff you did with number 3. It gave it a nice effect.
 
Thanks everyone. I ride with this crew a lot, so I have plenty of practice shooting.

LeSueur: You have a good eye. Yeah that is a bottlerocket. He Dirtjumps with it a lot too.

Gopherkid: Nah, I am a few years out of school and just ride there for the features.

LaFoto: Thanks for the feedback. I like the original as well. But the angle does put a different look to it.
 
Wicked wall ride! i love that shot.

Looks like fun! I pedal my Session 77 around town, but other then that, it's 42 lbs of fury is a lot of work to ride urban with!! You guys are brave for trying! haha.

Post more if you get out again!
 
The photos are great. It looks like you enjoy what you do- BUT
I see property damaged by this kind of riding and skate boarding all over town. I particularly do not like black marks left on walls, and the fiberglass coating that get deposited on the edges of walls and stairs. I think it just looks cruddy. Do you clean up after yourselves? Some one has to, and fix loose hand rails and chipped stone work. I am not anti biking or boarding, but am old enough to have property that has to be maintained, and see that side of it.
"Many historic buildings have survived inundations and conflagrations, but succumb it the ruthless hand of ignorance."
Alfred E. Newman

Just think about it next time is all I ask. I do not mean to be confrontational or insulting, Life is too short and I am too old.

Judge Sharpe
 
I like the images a lot as well. I think my favorite is #5 because of the way it is captured, however I do agree with another post about the front tire and I would say the subject is not quite as sharp as I would like too, but overall great job on all the images.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom