Urban Exploration

sebo2000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Finally, after watching cool HDR urban exploration shoots from around Toronto, we decided to go for adrenaline trip to one of the abandoned buildings. Kodak building No. 9.

It was quite cold -5 C, we took tripods, headlights, 1000 lumens spot lights, remote triggers, flashes and few other toys.
Those places are quite challenging to shoot, very poor light, cold and a lot of stuff you need to watch for in order not to loos equipment or one of the limbs.

It was our first trip of this kind and we will be back for more for sure, this time we will take kneepads, mold masks, safety boots, and few other items we missed that could make our shoot easier.

All photos are HDRs made out of 3-7 images, most of the shoots with windows are made from 7 RAW files.

Flicker set:
Urban Exploration - Kodak # 9 - a set on Flickr

Nice set. Id say tone down the tone mapping just a bit. Less pasty.

Plus peeps on here usually are weary to click the links. id suggest posting pics in post to get some feedback.

Some great shots! Wish I could find places like this.

It's incredibly trashy.. how many years has this been left unattended? Wish there was something like that to go explore around where i live..
Plus peeps on here usually are weary to click the links. id suggest posting pics in post to get some feedback.
Uhm... yeah.. :er:

I do like the subject of the shoot but in my opinion there was no thought put into the composition of the shots. Just seems like you tried to shoot every room/floor in the building. In many of the shots your lines are crooked as well.

goddamn I need to learn how to shoot HDR. Amazing shots.

I do like the subject of the shoot but in my opinion there was no thought put into the composition of the shots. Just seems like you tried to shoot every room/floor in the building. In many of the shots your lines are crooked as well.

It is hard and sad to admit but I have to: I didn’t think much about composition during that shoot.

With all the stuff around me, hardware, security outside, strange noises every few minutes, completely dark places, wind and water all over, it was quite hard for me to take any shoot. When we entered the building I didn’t think I will even use tripod, I was thinking about taking few high ISO pic and turn back and run, because it was so dark and not pleasant I was simply not comfortable, but after few minutes and adrenaline rush we went deeper in the building.

I need to go for few more trips like that and will get some cool shoots, this was more about me braking the fear of trespassing, since on daily basis I do not even cross on red light.

Most reactions

Back