What's new

Urban Untitled

I like this, and I think it has great potential as a monochrome, but I wish it was level & square to the camera.
 
I think it's a nifty photo. I think the box its in could be made a wee bit smaller and less-important in the overall presentation. yeah, it's not been shot square-on, and might have a bit of unlevel-ness going on, but neither are of much concern to me. I still appreciate the shot. As to being converted to B&W--yeah, that might be a very nice alternate look at it, and would make the bald sky less dominant, and I think would force more attention downward, to the house with the odd windows, and the woman and child on the street. To me, this looks like Ireland, or England, or Scotland perhaps...B&W makes images look more-abstract, and removes the impact of color to a huge degree, so a B&W look at this might offer a very major change in the way the picture comes across to different viewers.

There was an Australian movie made a decade or so ago, and this shot reminds me very much of a scene in that movie.
 
I'm not too crazy about the wider border at the base. In my opinion, the woman anchors the image quite nicely

That said, I like it!
 
I think the color of the building is an important characteristic of the photo.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom