URGENT help needed: Issue with files on CF card

dimi123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

When I came back from a shooting i needed to download photos from one of the cards, but when the download started I realised it was the wrong card. I canceled, and used the one I needed. However, when I wanted to download the pictures from the first card it won't work anymore. It just stays at 1% and nothing happens. I tried everything I could think of.

The photos were taken with a Canon 7D and I used a SanDisk 30 MB/s 200x 4GB. I use a Mac and usually download the pictures with Adobe Bridge Photo Downloader. I also tried downloading on a PC with the import camera program and it doesn't work. I even tried some recovery programs on my mac with no success. On the PC, Recuva initially found 490 files (on that card there are 486 photographs) but when I wanted to save them it only showed me around 150 photos from an older shoot and 1 random photo from today I can't even access. Then I tried copying the folder with the photographs but it won't work.

I have NOT formatted the card (only before usage) and I CAN see the photos on the camera and zoom in 100%. I could even see the previews on iPhoto, but was unable to download them. I desperately need fast help... I don't even want to think that I lost them. How could this happen?

Thank you for your time!

Lexar has a license for Image Rescue 4 included with every purchase of a Pro card.
Had to use the software a few times so far (mostly to recuperate pictures on friends cards) and had very good results.

And from Lexar support FAQ page. They recommand to erase/format the cards with Image Rescue before first usage, then format in the camera.
And I do this routine once and a while.

Also a scan in read only with Spinrite from www.grc.com could force the card self healing to fix borderline or damage cells.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back