used Nikon 80-200 af-s vs sigma 70-200 hsm II

for use with a D40 I would go with the sigma.

1. Price
2. You wont notice any quality issues with a D40
3. use the money saved to put in saving towards a D7000
4. well.......... read 1 2 and 3

I'd go with the Nikon. Quality you can trust. I picked up my 80-200 AF-D used and also notice it's slight miss focus, but after I use fine tune AF, it is tack sharp through the zoom range now. Nikon 80-200 is very sharp even at f2.8 and it's really built ultra tough. Can't say enough how great this lens is.

I'd go with the Nikon. Quality you can trust. I picked up my 80-200 AF-D used and also notice it's slight miss focus, but after I use fine tune AF, it is tack sharp through the zoom range now. Nikon 80-200 is very sharp even at f2.8 and it's really built ultra tough. Can't say enough how great this lens is.

Im sire it would be great on your D700 but he has a D40 and cannot use AFD has to be AFS or HSM ect....

Im sire it would be great on your D700 but he has a D40 and cannot use AFD has to be AFS or HSM ect....

Not only that, but the d40 doesn't offer focus correction. The lens has to be dead on.

OP, Dont skimp on glass.

Even if he does have a d40 now. Buying this Nikon Af-s now and saving a little longer for the D7000 is still a smarter decision than buying the sigma and the d7000 a little bit sooner.

I REALLY want to go with the nikon. I really do. But if I go with it and there is a problem, then I'm SOL. No warranty to back it up.

With the sigma I at least have that much, and the sigma has pretty good reviews.

I honestly think the sigma is the better option right now, just because it comes with peace of mind. Plus after a week or so if I don't like it, I have the option to return it to my local camera store. Not so with the nikon off of ebay.....

I REALLY want to go with the nikon. I really do. But if I go with it and there is a problem, then I'm SOL. No warranty to back it up.

With the sigma I at least have that much, and the sigma has pretty good reviews.

I honestly think the sigma is the better option right now, just because it comes with peace of mind. Plus after a week or so if I don't like it, I have the option to return it to my local camera store. Not so with the nikon off of ebay.....

I would say if your leaning on the sigma go with the one mentioned above...good price and BH is a great dealer to work with.

I would say if your leaning on the sigma go with the one mentioned above...good price and BH is a great dealer to work with.

Don't get the 4 year warranty then though

Most reactions

Back