Useless Knowledge

Hertz van Rental said:
If you have been chopping onions, rubbing your hands with stainless steel will instantly remove the smell from them.

Funny you should say that, cos I got a stainless steel egg type thing for Xmas and needed it explained to me! It seems to really work - goodness only knows how.

PlasticSpanner said:
Making bread gets your hands really clean! :D

Eww, does that mean all the dirt from your hands gets stuck to the bread dough or summat!?! :lmao:

I'm the only person to have photographed Spitting Image working in the studio :mrgreen:

(Chris Barrie - Rimmer in Red Dwarf - was one of the puppeteers)

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words.

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

like that one^^

This is the longest word:
PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS It has 45 letters. It's a lung disease caused by breathing in particles of siliceous volcanic dust.
I had to learn how to spell it in 5th grade and I have never forgot it :confused:

woodsac said:
This is the longest word:
PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS It has 45 letters. It's a lung disease caused by breathing in particles of siliceous volcanic dust.
I had to learn how to spell it in 5th grade and I have never forgot it :confused:

Hahah...I had a friend in high school that learned that (she was one of those brainy types) and learned how to spell and prounounce it...she went around telling everyone. Haha...this whoe thread has reminded me of her, and I was trying to remember that exact word so I could look it up and put it on here...thanks Woody!

core_17 said:
Hahah...I had a friend in high school that learned that (she was one of those brainy types) and learned how to spell and prounounce it...she went around telling everyone. Haha...this whoe thread has reminded me of her, and I was trying to remember that exact word so I could look it up and put it on here...thanks Woody!

i had a friend in HS that memorized Pi out to like 30 digits... what a nerd, all i can remember is 3.14159... i feel dorky just knowing it to 5 decimals...

Daniel's post about surviving shark attacks reminded me of this,
Every year, more people are killed by cows then by sharks.

And, on a completely different note, the maximum number of times you can fold any peice of paper in half is 7 (at least I think it was seven)

63% of all statistics are made up

JTHphoto said:
i had a friend in HS that memorized Pi out to like 30 digits... what a nerd, all i can remember is 3.14159... i feel dorky just knowing it to 5 decimals...

I remember:
3.14159265 (the next decimal I think is 4

Most reactions

Back