User rank icons

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Ever thought about using user rank icons for subscribed members?

Just a little icon that appears next to a persons name, Little things like that can help encourage people to subscribe. You could also have them for admin and mods too.

If you want i can design you a set? ive dont them for other people in the past

Here is an example of one im currently doing for some one else

linkinbutton.gif

We used to have them before we changed over to Vbulletin, and I just never bothered putting them back.

What do others feel about them? I'm open for comments and I think you have a good point.

It might not be a bad idea. :thumbup:

Sounds suspiciously like work, though. :mrgreen:

Speaking of which, I just noticed two things. #1) Terri is quickly catching up to my post count!!!! :shock:

#2)I am the only person in the top 5 whose name ISN'T red. Hmmmm....

It doesn't really mean all that much though does it?

On another motorsport forum I've seen a member reach Platinum membership inside 2 months just from posting in Off Topic because she knew little about the motorsport in question and had little interest in it either!!!:scratch:

The Platinum ranking meant everybody wanted to talk to her because they thought she was a seasoned fan! :lol:

I'm going to be joining soon-ish, and as nice as the thought is, i wouldn't be in favour of having something like that next to my nick, but thats just my little opinion ;)

Yes, i was just thinking an icon for paying members and staff rather than just how many posts you've made. I think there has been a great community spirit achieved here at TPF and a fairly big user base, along with great ranking on google (usually top 3 for "photo forum"). I honestly think now that a subscribers gallery has been added and things have been mixed about abit on the boards you could take it up a notch and really make people who subscribe feel they are appreciated rather than them donating and thats it! Its one of the biggest boards on the net for photgraphers, unintimidating and both pro and amateur seem to fit nicely alongside each other.

I know ive suggested this in the past but i also think think a custom skin would do wonders for the place too.

Chase said:
We used to have them before we changed over to Vbulletin, and I just never bothered putting them back.

What do others feel about them? I'm open for comments and I think you have a good point.

Well I am a firm believer in subtle advertising (spamming) and a little something to show who is a subscriber may draw in others. Not big on ranking though, just something small that says TPF supporter or something along those lines.

I would like to see enough subscribers so you can put a few dollars in your pocket, after all the work you have done to make this place happen it would be well deserved. I am also a firm believer in capitalism. :lol:

The Gallery is a brilliant move

i'll go along with any idea that increases subscriber memberships and this little feature may entice of few who are still on the fence. ppl like bells and whistles.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back