using continuous lights outside

photopoppy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
m very new at starting studio photography - only 13 but pursuuing my dreams!!
basically, i got some continuous lights and i have a project im working on and plan to take my lights outside.
to do this i obviously need some battery pack, but the ones i have found are super expensive for someone my age, and i was just wondering if there are any that are at somewhat a good quality that i can use for a good price!
thanks!! :thumbup:

What type of photos are you planing to take?

Most type of continuous lighting takes a lot of power...especially if you need powerful lights.
Flash is often a more economical method of lighting for still photography...and most flashes run on AA batteries.

What type of photos are you planing to take?

Most type of continuous lighting takes a lot of power...especially if you need powerful lights.
Flash is often a more economical method of lighting for still photography...and most flashes run on AA batteries.

im planning to do fashion if thats what you mean. the lights arent super powerful, but the only thing i can find is like the bowen travel pak which is £600, which i cannot afford at all, aha, i survive on pocket money. ;)

My advice is to start slow. Master shooting without lights before you spend a bunch of money on lights.

Someone posted THIS LINK, just the other day. They are fashion shots and they don't appear to have any supplemental lighting.

If anything, my first suggestion for lighting would still be a 'hotshoe' type flash. You could use it on-camera and/or get a radio trigger set and use it off-camera.
HERE are some off-camera-flash kits to have a look at.

Sure, you may eventually want/need a fully portable set of powerful studio lights, but that is going to cost a bundle. You will probably be better off starting with less gear and learning how to get the most out of it.

well, I still say... try to do as much of the fashion indoors or near buildings as you can and use extension cords. It's not sexy, but it would work... and it would work on your limited budget.

My advice is to start slow. Master shooting without lights before you spend a bunch of money on lights.

Someone posted THIS LINK, just the other day. They are fashion shots and they don't appear to have any supplemental lighting.

If anything, my first suggestion for lighting would still be a 'hotshoe' type flash. You could use it on-camera and/or get a radio trigger set and use it off-camera.
HERE are some off-camera-flash kits to have a look at.

Sure, you may eventually want/need a fully portable set of powerful studio lights, but that is going to cost a bundle. You will probably be better off starting with less gear and learning how to get the most out of it.
yeah true, thanks!!

Continuos lighting will not be powerful enough unless you spend a fortune and get some like they use for major films

Most reactions

Back