indeedies
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Nov 17, 2009
- Messages
- 448
- Reaction score
- 4
- Location
- Tacoma, WA
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I know I just started a thread a few minutes ago but this is a complete different topic and am hoping for complete different answers. When shooting today I was very comfortable in manual and using the meter but by the end I was kind of using it as a crutch. Constantly looking at it to make sure my settings would provide the correct exposure and if it wasn't changin my settings so it would be. I kind of feel I lost some of my artistic touch in the photos. There were times when I realized the camera wasn't realizing what I was looking for and ignored it but more often than not I was just flipping the dial to fix the compensation.
My question is: Am I doing this correctly or should I be ignoring the meter and going it alone to figure out compensation? I just feel like if I'm going to be doing this then I may as well shoot in the Auto mode.
My question is: Am I doing this correctly or should I be ignoring the meter and going it alone to figure out compensation? I just feel like if I'm going to be doing this then I may as well shoot in the Auto mode.
. I'm hoping this is normal and will go away with confidence. It is by far my largest weakness at this point. Not being able to communicate with the client on what needs to be done and then being afraid my judgement may be wrong and just going along with the camera.