What's new

USS Hornet CVS-12

DBoger

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 25, 2012
Messages
23
Reaction score
11
Location
Modesto, Ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was take last year with my point and shoot. I just got around to editing it. I wanted to bring the shadows out on the over hangs. I also wanted to see if I could get the sky to "pop" This is my first time playing with lightroom 4, so I wanted to try to get the hang of it. How did I do?


Island by Donald Boger, on Flickr
 
Not sure if anyone has done this - if not, let me welcome you to the forum - if this is your first shot a LR 4, then it is not too bad - we all have to start somewhere. If you want to bring out the detail in the overhangs, you will have to use the adjustment brush, a different brush for each over hang - not sure if you did this(?). If you are interested, you can find a tutorial here - http://tv.adobe.com/watch/the-compl...-filter-and-adjustment-brush-in-lightroom-4-/ - that also covers the graduated filter. I am not sure if the sky actually "pops" as there really isn't enough of it to tell. There is too much cloud. The part that does show, looks like the colour is a bit off. Are you working from a calibrated monitor? My 0.02¢ FWIW.

WesternGuy
 
You could have avoid the shades had you tried with a little longer exposure, assuming it was a not moving. If you want to edit I suppose you make the entire sky blue which will bring more colourfullness to this
 
A vertical one showing up to the top would have been a better option? i like it as such too

Regards :D
 
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this thread. As of right now the monitor is not calibrated. The ship is a permanent museum, hasn't moved in years. I went back and did some re-editing after watching several videos a guy at work gave me on Lr4. This is about the second or third re-edit I did on a different picture using the adjustment brush with shadows.


Island1 by Donald Boger, on Flickr

I plan to get back to the Hornet to take some proper shots. I have a lot of things running through my mind on how and where I want to shoot the ship. And please if you see something I can improve on, tell me. I have a thick skin (comes from 6 years in the Navy)
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom