What's new

Vacation C&C

agreenmartian

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 29, 2010
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
Brunswick, MD
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some nice shots in there, but too many to comment on in detail. The first has some interesting shapes and rich colors. It appears to be a little underexposed; you might be able to brighten it up a bit. I'd also crop the top to get rid of the corner and make it all feathers "wall to wall".
 
I visited the North Carolina many years ago, probably about 1967 or so. Glad to see she is still there. At the time one of the screws was sitting on the rear deck and I have a photograph of me standing under one of the blades. I'd love to go see it again and poke around. Your series pointed out some of the interesting shots that could be taken there.

#5 is a good bit underexposed and the color is somewhat on the cool side. Personally I think it looks better like this. Do you agree?

7169871045_c4467324c7.jpg
 
Thanks, I do like the exposure better, as far as WB, maybe my screen is a bit off (It is a laptop), but it seems a bit too warm for me, I'll have to go back and play around with it again in LR.
This was my first trip back there in several years. They've improved access to some of the areas I don't remember seeing before. As I was leaving I did notice they do still have one of the screws on display; however, it's now on shore.
 
Thanks, I do like the exposure better, as far as WB, maybe my screen is a bit off (It is a laptop), but it seems a bit too warm for me, I'll have to go back and play around with it again in LR.
This was my first trip back there in several years. They've improved access to some of the areas I don't remember seeing before. As I was leaving I did notice they do still have one of the screws on display; however, it's now on shore.
Perhaps the screw was on shore. I thought it was on the rear deck but thinking about it logically that would have been an awful lot of weight sitting on that planked deck! It would make a lot more sense to have it sitting on shore.

My monitors are calibrated so the color should be close. I put a neutral gray point on the plating between the left and center guns of the closest turret. Web browsers do have a funny way of shifting colors though, and I didn't think to embed a color profile in it when I saved it.
 
Perhaps the screw was on shore. I thought it was on the rear deck but thinking about it logically that would have been an awful lot of weight sitting on that planked deck! It would make a lot more sense to have it sitting on shore.

My monitors are calibrated so the color should be close. I put a neutral gray point on the plating between the left and center guns of the closest turret. Web browsers do have a funny way of shifting colors though, and I didn't think to embed a color profile in it when I saved it.

Gotcha, Thanks again!
Seems like underexposure may be a common theme here, so I'm definitely gonna keep that in mind going forward.
 
Gotcha, Thanks again!
Seems like underexposure may be a common theme here, so I'm definitely gonna keep that in mind going forward.
Laptops are notorious for not properly showing exposure or color problems, yet it's not really their fault. They can be moved anywhere, the screen can be angled at any angle, and as such the light hitting the screen is seldom the same twice in a row. They are unquestionably convenient for many things but editing photographs normally isn't one of them. Many people who do use a laptop for editing have an external monitor.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom