Vacation shots from last week

dxqcanada

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thought I would dump some photo's since I don't do this often ... so there are a number.
Ok, so the wife and I went to Bermuda, an aviary in Niagara Falls, and Presqu'le Provincial Park ...

I picked up a Polaroid underwater housing for my Nex-3.
Underwater photography is definitely something that takes a lot of experience ... these were just shot wading in a foot of water ... I can just imagine when I actually do scuba.

These were just around our resort and nature area.

Crab spider

Not so impressed juvenile Heron

Ruddy Turnstone's

Greater Kiskadee's

Some type of tropical bird at the Niagara Bird Kingdom

and another

Tried some BIF at Presqu'le... and I am not even close to being Kristofer or Danny ... but I was inspired by both of these guys.
This was actually the first time that I have shot my camera in Continuous High ... and I was frightened.
Common Tern

Belted Kingfisher ... sorry no BIF

Last edited:
That Heron didn't do much more than just stand there ... we could have walked right up to it.
I assume you mean the second Tern shot? That was just luck. I think I deleted about 1200 images from the shots taken last week.

Phew, would like to see a few of those for sure. Nice colours and details in those birds. A good variety and the first one brings a huge smile :) :) Great to see the NEX doing well.

All the best and well done.

Danny.

Thanks
The Nex was only used underwater, all the other shots done with the A57.
It would have been interesting to use the Nex-3 shooting the Terns but I would prefer a viewfinder like on the Nex-7 or 6

cool shots. looks like a fun vacation!

I think you did a great job! Nice series!

That heron is creepy as hell! That leg almost seems to be at the middle of his body :raisedbrow:
My fav are the spider shot, and of course the amazing tern shot (#2). Nice going buddy! :)

No favorite. I just very much enjoyed them all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back