Valley of the Sun, Pheonix Arizona Panoramas

bgaideski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bjgphoto.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got done putting together a couple of pictures from my Arizona business trip. Was just wondering what you fine folks thought.

This first one was way too large to post the full size image. You can check out the larger size on my blog. Just click the photograph on this page to make it larger. (6386px × 822px)
Photos by Brian Gaideski: Valley of the Sun Panorama

Used a D5000 to take the shot, hugin to stitch it into a panorama, and photoshop to tweak the colors.

PHX2Crop2S.jpg

PHXCrop2.jpg

Beautiful shots. I think that in #2 there is an airplane just above the horizon right above the four cars in the parking lot? may want to clone that out :p

...I'm not sure but I would play around and see what the ground looks like slightly more exposed and less exposed; almost black. (I like to mess with things and see, but I'd rather respect your do not edit)

good work :)

I love the sky in the first photo and the foreground in the second photo. A close look, and I see the location you took the photos from are not far from each other.
Nice colors too. Was that the office your business trip was in? ;)

Beautiful shots. I think that in #2 there is an airplane just above the horizon right above the four cars in the parking lot? may want to clone that out :p

I understand that a lot of people do not like to have birds, planes, etc. in their landscape photos but I'm one who's for it. I think it adds a more realistic feel to it; like you can connect better or something. if that makes any sense...

I understand that a lot of people do not like to have birds, planes, etc. in their landscape photos but I'm one who's for it. I think it adds a more realistic feel to it; like you can connect better or something. if that makes any sense...

Oh no that's fine I didn't mean it lessened the picture. It just looked like a dot so I hit the larger version of the photo and realized it was a plane, just thought maybe you hadn't seen it so I was letting you know. I had a landscape photo (nothing as awesome as this) that had a helicopter in it that someone noticed when they were wondering what that spot was, lol.

Great job once again :)

thanks for all the great comments.

the colors were nice that night, but i think it would have been even better had i been in this spot the night before.

i noticed the plane in the image, but decided to leave it in anyway. the main reason being because the PHX airport is shown in this image. in fact, it was damn near impossible to get a picture that didn't have an airplane or helicopter in it.

pbelarge: this was actually taken on top of a hill/mountain. the building I was working in was about 2 miles from here.

pbelarge: this was actually taken on top of a hill/mountain. the building I was working in was about 2 miles from here.

Actually that was my poor attempt at humor.

pbelarge: haha, sorry about that, i can't always pick up sarcasm via text. i wouldn't have mind working there though, i would have much rather taken pictures all day instead of hanging out in an office!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back