Variable colored water drops (C&C requested)

Trblmkr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

ShooterJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I can't really think of anything to say to improve any of these, maybe somebody else will have that to offer. I personally like them all.. but my favorite is actually the B&W, #3... the colors in the first two are interesting, but the B&W got more of a reaction from me. Nice shots. :)

badrano

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nice pics. What was your setup? Did you use 'continuous' shooting mode? I've made some attempts with a couple of ok shots.
I think you've inspired me to try again.

OP
Trblmkr

Trblmkr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Nice pics. What was your setup? Did you use 'continuous' shooting mode? I've made some attempts with a couple of ok shots.
I think you've inspired me to try again.

Thanks Badrano,
My set up was my camera on a tripod as close as I could get, 1 manual flash with power adjustment so I could play around with it. I moved the flash all over the place, closer to the back drop, further away, direct side lighting. I started off shooting single mode and that was not really resulting in the results I wanted. So I switched over to continuous. I would start dropping the water, and hold down the shutter release for about 6-10 pictures (that's about what my buffer could hold). The hardest part out of all of it was the focus. When you're dealing with something the small, without a dedicated macro lens I could get a nice shot, but be blurry. I have another thread on here, with a purple background that turned out to be my favorite of them all.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics