Variations on two pine cones

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Not a piece by Vivaldi or Bach :D, but a collage of 4 tinted (and rotated) B&W shots of a pair of pine cones that live on the shelf near my computer.

Tony

For more info: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/09/primary-and-secondary-colours.html

Pine-Cone-Variations.jpg

interesting way to shoot pine cones..

the natural framing of the box makes the pictures a lot more interesting than if they were shot loosely.... although it makes me feel a little claustrophobic all of a sudden :D

I'm not sure if I like them all being the same or not, maybe try another round, but reposition them for each shot, even if just slightly so it does not appear so copy and paste like.

Thanks for the comments. Variations on this variation are certainly possible. My first version has natural colours, and I have another version with a different number of pine cones in each segment. But, this is the one I preferred.

Regards, Tony

Like the comp, hate the colors.

I like it! And although it would probably do well as a contrasty b&w, I alos like it in colour a lot.

Is it just me, or is there a swastika hidden in there? ;) ... at least in b&w that would easily come out. so it is better in colour.

I like it! And although it would probably do well as a contrasty b&w, I alos like it in colour a lot.

Is it just me, or is there a swastika hidden in there? ;) ... at least in b&w that would easily come out. so it is better in colour.

Any four square would appear so. Common human motif throughout history. Only last century did it attain the connotations you and I would ascribe to it.

Alex, the shape in the centre that reminds you of a swastika comes about by my rotation of the boxes, and is an accidental outcome. In fact it's more like a fylfot, since the main arms of a swastika aren't vertical and horizontal. The link suggests that fylfot isn't much used outside Great Britain and Scandinavia, though is becoming more widespread to describe the symbols that predate the swastika and have their own meanings.

Regards, Tony

PS thanks for the nomination :)

Most reactions

Back