Vertical shutter release

d60pictars

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, I am a new Nikon user and I have a question. I was looking a battery grip for my D60 and I was wondering what does vertical shutter relese mean.

Extra shutter release button for your camera when you taking a photo with your camera in Portrait orientation.

Welcome to the forum.

That's correct. Most battery grips come with an extra shutter release button (and usually a control dial etc) on the lower right corner, so that when you rotate the camera, you can keep your right hand in a comfortable position rather than having to turn it with the camera.

I don't mean any disrespect but if ur asking this question you most likely don't need a vertical grip and should instead dump that money into another lens, tripod, or something that will excel your photography.

/end run on sentence

I don't mean any disrespect but if ur asking this question you most likely don't need a vertical grip and should instead dump that money into another lens, tripod, or something that will excel your photography.

/end run on sentence

I want just it for the extra battery power. The battery in my D60 doesn't seem to last long, then again I don't use it everyday.

its true one doesnt really need the battery pak,,but I find with me the extra weight gives me a firmer grip with less shake, just one mans opinion..I guess:lmao:

I want just it for the extra battery power. The battery in my D60 doesn't seem to last long, then again I don't use it everyday.

wow... when i had the d60 the battery seemingly lasted forever.... and i'm a resource hog who leaves my display/meter on for long periods...

the battery should drain very little in between usage..... maybe you have a bummer battery or you use the in camera flash a lot...

either way you could save money by simply buying another battery...

I have the Canon XTi ... and the battery that shipped with the camera last pretty long. (as well as the non-oem one I bought) If your battery lose all the power very quick, you may want to check with Nikon (if under warranty). Even with the battery Grip, if your original battery has problem, you may not want to used the problem battery with it.

The thing is that I don't use the camera very often maybe once or twice a week (roughly 20-50 shots). When I do use it I notice that the battery life display drops 2 or 3 bars within a couple of minutes. I have to charge the battery about once a month with this usage. Is this normal?

Most reactions

Back