very random set of picture.

schumionbike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys, I have been playing with the flash on the kodak z710 lately, please critque, I want know if you guy like the lighting or not.

1. Phone
january08049.jpg

Camera Make: EASTMAN KODAK COMPANYCamera Model: KODAK EASYSHARE Z710 ZOOM DIGI...Date/Time: 2008:01:15 20:17:46Resolution: 640 x 480
Flash Used: Yes (manual)Focal Length: 15.6mm (35mm equivalent: 94mm...Exposure Time: 0.017 s (1/60)Aperture: f/3.2
ISO Equiv.: 64
Whitebalance: AutoMetering Mode: spotExposure: ManualExposure Mode: ManualExposure Mode: Auto bracketing

2. Grandma
january08211edited4x5.jpg

Camera Make: EASTMAN KODAK COMPANYCamera Model: KODAK EASYSHARE Z710 ZOOM DIGI...Date/Time: 2008:01:18 21:11:21Resolution: 513 x 640
Flash Used: Yes (manual)Focal Length: 23.1mm (35mm equivalent: 139m...Exposure Time: 0.050 s (1/20)Aperture: f/3.3
ISO Equiv.: 400
Whitebalance: AutoMetering Mode: matrixExposure: ManualExposure Mode: ManualExposure Mode: Auto bracketing

3. This is sort of a fun shot.

08spring149editedbw.jpg

Camera Model: KODAK EASYSHARE Z710 ZOOM DIGI...Date/Time: 2008:01:13 14:58:44Resolution: 640 x 437Color/bw: Black and white
Flash Used: Yes (manual)Focal Length: 12.4mm (35mm equivalent: 75mm...Exposure Time: 0.033 s (1/30)Aperture: f/3.2
ISO Equiv.: 400 Whitebalance: AutoMetering Mode: spotExposure: ManualExposure Mode: ManualExposure Mode: Auto bracketing

Are you talking about the in-built flash? (The last photo of yourself in teh mirror is suggesting that, as are the shadows).

Well, I for one hardly ever like the use of on-camera flash, and for all the time the only flash I had was the on- or in-camera flash, I tried NOT to use it, if that was ever possible.

The dots of yellow light around the phone are nice, but the highlights right on the display are pretty distracting.

Grandma looks friendly and nice, and you still get a lot of ambient light (yellow) along with the light from the camera flash, which, unfortunately, looks blue here and gives her face some bluish spots. You are lucky with her glasses, it could have reflected a lot worse in those! The little catchlights in her eyes are GOOD!

OK, the last photo does not require any comment, now does it?

thanks for the feedback, yeah, all these picture were taken with a pop up flash from the camera. I been trying to use it efficiently because my camera can't go over 400 iso so the indoor shutter speed would get really low, like 1/6 or 1/8 or even lower sometimes.

For these the first two shot, I put a small "hood" that I made with paper to keep the flash from being too harsh.

The phone shot was straight of of the camera I did not do anything to it.

The second shot, I readjust the white balance on it which might be the reason for the bluish. My grandma look tan in the original.

In the last one, I roll up a magazine and put it directly infront of the flash, lol, like I say, it was a fun shot. It was taken in a completely dark room, think of a room with no window, door close and no light. lol.

Thanks for the very detail feedback LaFoto!

Most reactions

Back