Very rare and extremely cute!

I've seen that happen when one parent was white, one black. Not like this though.

It said that the chances are a one in a million. Is that on top of the chances of having twins? Because thta must be so unlikely if it is.

Daniel said:
I've seen that happen when one parent was white, one black. Not like this though.

It said that the chances are a one in a million. Is that on top of the chances of having twins? Because thta must be so unlikely if it is.

Considering the number of sperm involved in each pregnancy attempt is in the hundreds of millions, I'd have to say that even a 1-1 million shot would certainly be possible.

I wish I had a twin black brother. Although, how many people would believe that?

"This is my twin brother..."
"...sure it is...."
"no seriously, we're paternal"
"you're WHITE...he's BLACK"
"dude. we're paternal trust me"
" eff off"

ShutteredEye said:
Considering the number of sperm involved in each pregnancy attempt is in the hundreds of millions, I'd have to say that even a 1-1 million shot would certainly be possible.

No you misunderstand. What I was thinking but didn't say was that the probablity seemd quite high. Because I was wondering if the probablility of having twins in the first place was factored in?

eg

1/1000000 x probability of having twins = true probability.

Daniel said:
No you misunderstand. What I was thinking but didn't say was that the probablity seemd quite high. Because I was wondering if the probablility of having twins in the first place was factored in?

eg

1/1000000 x probability of having twins = true probability.

And that would be variable given that the incidence of twins is familial. So people are almost ensured on having twins.

Not to mention that the use of fertility drugs has the multiple birth rate skyrocketing.

Also if you read the whole article, you'll see that the chance of fraternal twins is already factored into 1-1million chance. They claim the chance of twins is 1-100.

bace said:
I wish I had a twin black brother. Although, how many people would believe that?

"This is my twin brother..."
"...sure it is...."
"no seriously, we're paternal"
"you're WHITE...he's BLACK"
"dude. we're paternal trust me"
" eff off"
my thoughts exactly. :lol:

aren't we all brothers and sisters? :hugs:
peace to ya, fellas.

these are so cute! and damn lucky too :)
I wish i remebered something from the genetics class that could explain that in detail, though... oh well, rather leave it as a nice mystery

MommyOf4Boys said:
That is soooo cool! What gorgeous babies and they do look like twins except for the color of their skin - see skin color is just that - the color of their skin - I just wanna pinch their cheeks!!

See, that's what it made me think of..maybe it's nature's way of making a step toward equality. :p

They look quite different to me. It's not like they are identical. It would have been better if they had been ninjas when they came out.

I find mixed racial genetics very interesting. Me and my brother are both ixed race African Black/Irish. And we do not look like "normal" mixed race children where black features tend to dominate in appearance. My bnrother has afro hair and had an afro. But I have loosish vurls. i have freckles where my brother doesn't and we don't look more black or white. It's odd. I find it really amazibng the variation that can occur. and you can have one twin who looks like there heritage is just one race and the other twin another race. It's amazing.

The article says they are fraternal twins. Not identical twins.
Nevertheless, you are right: mixed racial genetics are very interesting.
Friends of ours, the husband is Bolivian (indígeno), his wife is a very blond German. Their one daughter is quite dark, and my friend says "We used up all the colour for her, there was none left for the other" and smiles her big, contageous smile, for the second daughter is all fair and does not resemble her sister in the least. Funny, that! :D

Most reactions

Back