Very Sad @ The Moment

remyxsi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm farely new to photography and to this board. Last week I posted that my wife had gotten me a Canon Rebel xsi for our 3 year anniversary. I was really excited as I have always had an interest for photography. When I was younger I used to play around with my dads Konica Minolta SLR 35mm. Even after my parents got divorced I got to keep it:D

Im 23 married with 2 kids. I was ecstatic about my wife getting me a DSLR! I have a portable photo printer and took a couple of pics, read this forum and practiced. I also ride a motorcycle, I go to the local canyons as often as I can and have the oppurtunity to get some great shots. I was very excited. THEN.....

I got laid off at work and have responsibilities that I need to cope with. I ended returning the camera because I needed the money to pay the rent. It was a sad day for me. :cry: That was last week.

I want to save up and buy another DSLR. I genuinely love photography. I got a sense of satisfaction trying to get a nice pic. My question to you guys is. Would an Xti be good? I always try to get the latest stuff so it doesn't feel outdated, but this time I'm not going to be able to do that. I'm ok with that. I know that in certain cases the lens is more important than the body. The Xsi caught my attention because it came with a better kit lens than the Xti. I know I can buy a used Xti body and get a better lens.

Anyways just feeling a little down about the whole situation. I have already learned a lot of things from the regulars on the site. Just wanted to say thanks to all the people that post up valuable info.

Got to find work and bust my a** so I can get another DSLR :)

It sucks when money is tight. The XT or XTi would still be a great choice, or a used 20D if you want a bigger heavier build. you should find most of these pretty cheap, probably with a kit lens also. Or just find a body and get a 50mm 1.8. Its a great lens and about $70 new at B&H.

Sure, the XT or XTi would be great. Just think - as fast as digital technology is changing they're only slightly behind the si anyhow.

Good luck. We all go through rough spots. Sounds like you have your priorities straight.

You'll be fine. I'm pullin' for you.

Thanks guys, im going to search my local Craigslist see if I can find a cheap used body.

Craigslist is great, just be patient and you always find a good deal, I think a body for a couple hundred and a 50mm 1.8, could get you back in the game for fairly cheap.

Sorry to hear about it. I'm sure more than a few have gone through the same, but taking care of family comes first. Things will pick back up, you'll see.

remyxsi - check this out: http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/notcamera.htm

Don't feel bad, especially if you'd like to do mainly some scenic work. There's no reason you can't hop on your bike and take some truly outstanding photos just with a cheap little point and shoot camera. And don't discount film bodies either. They're dirt cheap, and film actually has a lot of advantages over digital for scenic work anyways. If you eventually get a DSLR, you can keep using the same lenses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back