Very simple but annoying issue...

fiveoboy01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a weird question... Every time I turn my camera to portrait orientation, the stinking strap falls down in front of the viewfinder and I have to push it out of the way, or move it with my nose.. I'm afraid this might cause me to miss a shot in the future... That and it's annoying.

I have tried different ways of draping the strap over my shoulder, and messed with the length, it always seems to fall right in the way. I'm using one with split rings and quick release clips which leaves 6" of the strap still attached to the camera. I know I could remove it but I really don't want tobe without a strap... The camera is a little heavy to be carrying around and mostly I'm worried about dropping it.

Any ideas? Thanks for dealing with the dumbest question of the day:mrgreen:

Hand strap.

I use one with my gripped D90 and carry it for hours on end at times.

nikon-handstrap-l.jpg

Hand strap.

I use one with my gripped D90 and carry it for hours on end at times.

nikon-handstrap-l.jpg

Hmm, I may have to look into that.

Question, how does it mount? I assume it bolts to the tripod mount on the bottom but what about the other end? More importantly, would it interfere with the controls on my grip?

Doesn't interfere with mine at all (except when changing batteries)... bottom goes onto tripod mount and the top connects to the right hand neck strap loop.

Nikon makes one as well but it's like $75 or so. I got the Opteka version off Amazon for about $8, works great.

Most reactions

Back