Very Upset: Cat is Missing

Wow! Seven months? Glad it ended well for you.

Well, I'd say we've had a miracle. Today, nearly seven months later, Misty is back!

Some one found her, and she still had her collar on! They called the number on her tag, and now she is back home with us :D

Some how, she survived the winter, the cars and the coyotes, and she's not even in bad shape! Still waiting on results from the vet, but aside from some rapid-aging and a slightly dirty coat, she's looking great :)

I'm elated, so I thought I'd share :D
OUTSTANDING! Thank you for the update. I was hoping that was the reason for the resurection of an old thread. :thumbup::D

I live in a rural area and there are many predators, from coyotes to eagles. Unfortunately the life expectancy of an outdoor cat, particularly males, is very much shorter than the lifespan of indoor cats.

We have a sizable feral cat community in the area and the faces change to often.

you should buy the cat a rape whisle

Yup, we're all ecstatic! Mbnmac, you are right. Some very nice people (the ones who called us) had been feeding her for a couple of weeks.

She was found quite a ways from our house, in a different neighborhood thatvis across some major intersections, so we never though of looking or posting posters there.

Moe, we're still watching her patiently to "access" her personality. When we went to get her, she reacted pretty badly. Did not want to be held, but it was her cat-carrier that did her in. She struggled really hard and made some aweful noises - but she didn't claw or bite me!

We're keeping her isolated in the basement for now, so it's not too shocking. But I spent most of the night down there with her, and I'd say she's almost more cuddly! She slept on my stomach for a couple of hours. She had some obvious dreams, though, 'cause her paws were moving and she started breathing oddly, lol. She did "attack" my hand a couple of times which is out of character... I think I just need to be patient an slow around her for a while.

That is awesome!!! Seven months away from home and reunited! Cool. My favorite cate went missing three times during his 17 year life span, once for a solid week. It's a pretty distressing feeling to have a beloved pet just disappear.

^ No kidding. It's amazing how attached you become to these animals!

Wow, 7 months is insane. That's some homeward bound material!

Glad to hear you got her back :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back