video editing issue.. not sure where to post this..

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
testing out the new point and shoot for low light video...

so i take a video with my camera, play it back in the computer and it looks nice..

i put the video in my corel video studio pro x6 editor or i can use windows movie maker and now the video is much darker and seems more noisy and or jittery looking, the video no longer looks that good.. this is as soon as i load it into the program and play it back.. not after it has been edited.. after its edited it looks just as bad...

but when i watch the original clip that was loaded onto the computer right out of my camera on picasa it looks pretty good.. seems like the quality of the video goes way down once the video is loaded into the editing programs..

i uploaded one of these videos on youtube and it looked bad, i edited the video using youtube and pretty much raised up the exposure of the video, now after youtube processed the video that way and it finishes and i play it back on youtube, it looks descent again and allot like the origional clip that came right out of the camera..

i uploaded the unedited video right out of the camera to youtube and it looks fine. so the video editing programs are darkening up the video and what not.. here are the examples...

this is the clip that came right out of the camera that i uploaded to youtube.. youtube definately dummbed down the quality a little so the original i play back on my computer looks a bit smoother and better but this still looks pretty descent.

this is what came out of the corell video editing program.. with my d7200 i have never watched the clip that came right out of the camera. i alway uploaded it right to the corel program and edited that, that is probably why i though the low light video from my d7200 did not come out that great... this video looks about the same so its got to be what ever the editing program is doing that i do not like..

and this is the same clip edited by youtube with the raised exposure.. looks allot more like the origional clip..

Last edited:
Maybe the codecs haven't caught up to the new camera. I would contact Canon and ask them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

could be, not sure if either program is made for windows 10 the corel program is a older one.. i dont know

could be, not sure if either program is made for windows 10 the corel program is a older one.. i dont know
Yeah, sounds like a compression issue.

I am not familiar with Corel Video Studio, but in Premiere Pro the monitor playback can be set a lower rez when editing such as 1/4 rez. This is for editing & viewing only. If the video appears dark in the editor this could be that the opacity was set less than 100% by accident. If you can play smoothly the video files on your computer then you have the correct codec installed. The file should play back in any editor. But, again I am not familiar with Corel.

YouTube & Vimeo & FB will process your file when you upload. What you see is not the original. It is best to upload based on their specs for best quality. Facebook destroys the video in my opinion. :blue:

the video does not play back well in picasa, its jumpy for the first 30 seconds or so that it plays than it seems to play normal, that program does not like .mov files. but i dont think it did this till i got a windows 8 computer that is now upgraded to windows 10

that is the only program i have that lets me import video to my computer. but it will pay it aback and after a few seconds it stops being jumpy..

i never remember the corel video studio doing this before. but i have not been doing much video work at all lately and i now have windows 10, it seemed to work fine on windows 7.. every time i open the corel program all of the settings start at the default settings so the opacity should be set in the stock position.. if i open the color correction pannel all the contrast and brightness and everything is set at zero..

everything seemed to work better on windows 7 i know that windows movie maker was not supported by windows 10 and i have no idea of my corel video studio pro X6 is or not.. i think X10 is the version that is out now.. so any of those things could be the issue..

well i just used windows movie maker and exported a file, when i play back the finished product it looks just like the origional clip did. it looks dark when i play it back in the movie maker program but the finished product does not.. very strange..

If a video file plays back choppy it usually is because the computer doesn't have the processing power. I think that is why editors have the lower rez option. The .mov file is a container that can hold many different types of codecs. Since you are able to view the files then I don't think this is the case. You could run a diagnosis with a clip through G-Spot to see any issues.

The Windows 10 is known to be buggy with editors. I am still on Windows 7 because of reports of not supporting/crashing PrPro CS6. When I am forced to upgrade PrPro to the subscription plan then I may go with Windows 10. Hopefully the bugs will be worked out by then.

You may want to search the compatibility of your Corel version and Windows 10 or check in the Corel forum.

There could be one issue or several going on with editing your file. I use process of elimination to solve editing problems. Oh the joys of video editing. Sorry I can't be much more help.

well i have a i7 processor, i think 8 gigs of ram, and a gtx 670mx graphics card, it a Asus G series gaming laptop. its probably not the compute its self lacking. it only seems to run choppy on the google picasa program that i use to import jpeg and video files to the computer. on the other programs it runs fine. after i turn it into a mvi file or a mpg4 file i think it is it runs fine in picasa, it just seems to be the mov files that run choppy and only on that program.

well i just used windows movie maker and exported a file, when i play back the finished product it looks just like the origional clip did. it looks dark when i play it back in the movie maker program but the finished product does not.. very strange..
Your hardware is fine. I think it's just the codecs is all. You would more than likely have to upgrade the Corel software in order to work like it did in 7. These are the things I warn people about when building or suggesting upgrades. Windows 10 is a totally different OS than 7. Some software companies are better than other for offering updates to follow OS upgrades. Windows 7 was the last NT layered OS. 10 will probably be the death of the MS OS and not that it is bad per say but people are moving towards phone and tablets. If they do survive in the OS arena, it will be open source.

yeah its probably out of date and not gonna be updated, i think once you buy one version of a product it should be updated to the latest version for free for quit a while, i mean if the program was 20 years old i could see them stopping updates on it.... i do not want to pay for basically the same exact product again just so it will work on a new computer. i mean the corell programs are basically the exact same once one is updated to a new version. i was just doing some reading, people are having issue with the latest version and .mov files, sounds like it almost wont even read them.

personally i think they should have a PC and laptop OS and they should also have one for tablets.. but what do i know. way to much unwanted junk, apps and more junk on windows 10 IMO

when the can make tablets and phones that can take the place of the a PC or Laptop sure but personally i want a real computer not a phone or tablet. tablets and phones are great for checking your email, facebook, playing stupid little games, having your calendar with things to do in your pocket and making phone calls but its just not the same as a real computer in many ways.. i hate phones and tablets for doing most things.

when i am at home the phone never gets touched unless someone calls or messages me. i like my pc..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back