Vietnam Memorial came to WNY

Nytmair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.km3k.com
A 3/4 scaled version of the Vietnam Memorial in Washington, D.C. made it's stop a day or two ago until this weekend in Western NY (Buffalo) and I stopped by and tried to get a few pictures. It was really cloudy so my sky's and some other things are overexposed a little.... but oh well, it's better than nothing :)

memorial.jpg

Some people left flowers and little momentos in front of the wall
memorialflowers.jpg

1975.jpg

There was a large roped in area with flags representing all the WNYers who died during the war.
seaofflags.jpg

-Dan

Now, that sea of flags image is great. :thumbsup: You can be proud of that one, very good job, I like your DOF here. Well done!

I love that last one, very poignant and well composed.

I'm with Terri & Alison ... # 4 ( in the first batch ) is great !
In the second batch you've posted , I like # 2 ... Its a shame there wasnt more light on the flags and the person standing alone in front of it but thats an element that you couldnt do anything about matey... its still a great pic !

thanks everyone... and #4 of the first batch is also my favorite (and FYI, it wasn't exactly and ENDLESS sea of flags... but still a decent amount.... maybe a 50 foot wide triangle worth :)

also, the 2nd batch I really like the 2nd pic becuase of how you can only see the legs of the man looking at the wall... kind of mysterious :D

Most reactions

Back