Viewing Exif data

Soulz3urn3lack

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you all use to view Exif data? I tried a mozilla plugin but it constantly states "Can not display some/all of exif data, it may have been deleted from photo"

Is there a good plugin to use or a good program? I would rather not dig through multiple links on google testing out all kinds of apps and possibly end up with a trojan.

Usually if you get that message.. the photo has been web compressed, with all Exif data stripped from it. There are a lot of good Exif viewers out there.. I use PhotoMe myself.

PhotoME - Exif, IPTC & ICC Metadata Editor

Usually if you get that message.. the photo has been web compressed, with all Exif data stripped from it. There are a lot of good Exif viewers out there.. I use PhotoMe myself.

PhotoME - Exif, IPTC & ICC Metadata Editor

Thanks for the link, you're right though. It's due to them being stripped/compressed. Bucksters images below worked just fine with the viewer I dl'ed.

A lot of people strip out their EXIF, so the plugin might be working fine. You can test it on these:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/macro-photography/263856-splish-splash.html

I know I left the EXIF in those.

Thanks Buckster, your images showed the Exif data perfectly. Guess it was due to the others being stripped. Thanks again! =)

Buckster, to get the crowns on your watter photos, did you have the watter dripping fast so one drop falls on top of the other? Thanks in advance

Buckster, to get the crowns on your watter photos, did you have the watter dripping fast so one drop falls on top of the other? Thanks in advance

refer to this video

Last edited by a moderator:
no problem!

i think everyone can appreciate that video!

Most reactions

Back