TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
False colour infrared.
491953035_oF3aE-L.jpg

I like it. However, the lines on the dock leading the eye outwards to the left compete with the rest of the lines, all of which lead the eye to the centre right.

(It might be my monitor, but I think the image has a bluish cast.)

I love the background -- now get up closer, get rid of the deck, and photograph those mountains and their reflections! Walk right up to that railing, plant your feet in front of it, lean over the edge a bit, hit f/16, and make a great photo.

I like it. However, the lines on the dock leading the eye outwards to the left compete with the rest of the lines, all of which lead the eye to the centre right.

(It might be my monitor, but I think the image has a bluish cast.)

thanks for your comments....this composition is about the combination of elements, a view with the platform for it, yes the slightly bluish caste is hard to eliminate completely on some false colour IR....to me the level is acceptable.

I love the background -- now get up closer, get rid of the deck, and photograph those mountains and their reflections! Walk right up to that railing, plant your feet in front of it, lean over the edge a bit, hit f/16, and make a great photo.

see above....and I did take the shot as you describe....posted below.
491993404_ubVwz-L.jpg

I think my eye/personal tastes will always prefer the compositions with less man-made materials such as in the second shot, but I have to say, the clouds and processing in the first are top class and excellent. Great work.

The reflection in the water is just insane, I will agree with the others the dock is a little distracting. I'm curious to see what it would look like if it was cropped at the first or second section of railling about a third in from the left. The colors are really nice....VERY NICE photos in my opinion.

The second shot is killer........:thumbup:

The first one is a shot of a back deck in an interesting setting.

second one works. first was not good because of the rails.
very nice work. i would have rather not seen the first at all. takes away from the awe.

I think my eye/personal tastes will always prefer the compositions with less man-made materials such as in the second shot, but I have to say, the clouds and processing in the first are top class and excellent. Great work.

thanks Walter....I messed with the clouds a bit in #1....it's funny because over on the IR forum I frequent, it was quite popular.....I guess we're a little weird over there lol.....I do also really like the other image which is why I took it.

The reflection in the water is just insane, I will agree with the others the dock is a little distracting. I'm curious to see what it would look like if it was cropped at the first or second section of railling about a third in from the left. The colors are really nice....VERY NICE photos in my opinion.

thanks very much for commenting....the dock is meant to be part of the scene and to be a strong juxtaposition to the landscape.

2nd is just great

love it!!!

thank you.

awsome shot, i love how both came out.

thank you very much.

The second shot is killer........:thumbup:

The first one is a shot of a back deck in an interesting setting.

thanks a lot for your comments....the deck is a viewing platform next to a cafe.

second one works. first was not good because of the rails.
very nice work. i would have rather not seen the first at all. takes away from the awe.

sorry to spoil your pleasure with the first shot, but thanks for commenting and glad you like #2.

Great reshoot. What a beautiful location!

thanks very much.

awesome shot, where did you take it at?

thank you....the location is a place called Barcis which is in the Dolomite Mts about 30-40 mins from home.

2nd ... 2nd ... 2nd ...

just great

Most reactions

Back