What's new

Vintage Post Card Look

Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Location
Trenton, Ontario, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My other half and I recently took a trip to Gananoque, Ontario to jump on the 1000 Islands Cruise. (2 and a half hours of cruising the St. Lawrence River.) The cruise was more for her benefit, a chance to see the islands and the area that I grew up in!

In Gananoque they have an old Locomotive sitting on the side of the road, right next to their nicely manicured "Confederation Park".

Immediately, upon walking up to this, I thought of a Black & White antique looking photograph. Although you could say I took it one step further :D

C&C Appreciated!

 
Wow. I think you nailed it. Nice job.

perfect! if you hadn't told me you PS'd this, i would have assumed it was real. maybe all but the stamp, it looks oddly transparent (that's probably the only real part left! haha).
 
I think it looks pretty real except I don't think the font is quite right. Good job though!
 
This is really cool - nice job!
 
Thanks for the responses everyone, you're right, the stamp is really the only part that was left after PS'ing. I was thinking that the font may be too "modern" for the postcard, but didn't see anything else in my font collection that would work..

Thanks Again!
 
Wow. Nice work! I really thought it was a real postcard, until some one pointed out the font and stamp.
 
ha. Wow, nicely done. I think the font is a little too crisp though... might want to specifically distress that as it breaks the illusion a bit. Overall really well done.
 
i agree with melody and manaheim 100%...
the effect is PERFECT, but i would def mess with the font...even if you just do some kasking with a grunge brush so make it look as worn as the card itself.

really well done effect!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom