jacobdunphy.com
Crits and comments welcomed.

2006_10_03_1.jpg

2006_10_03_2.jpg

2006_10_03_3.jpg

2006_10_03_4.jpg

2006_10_03_5.jpg

2006_10_03_6.jpg

Oh - it's really and truly photos of the musical instrument, done in very nice lighting! Cool. I like these ... I always like close-ups of instruments done in natural/given light. My favourite of the series are 3 and 5, I think.

3 is just so simple with regards to the form, just that rounded part of the viola, and then this reflecting little piece with the colour of the cloth that you put underneath, that pink. It adds such a little extra to the whole ... it fascinates me.

And 5 is just beautifully lit, shows so much detail of the carefully chosen detail of the instrument, which reflects in the surface of the table it is lying on (no pink cloth here, good! :D) ... also fascinating.

I like these!
You play this viola?

Love the lighting and DOF in all. No. 4 is my favorite. Although I like the leading lines in #6. Great job.

Ok, I will show my 'nubie-ness', but how do you do #5? The color with the dark background, almost protruding from the darkness?

Thanks for the comments, all. I think 4 & 6 are my favorites. I may get those two printed and frame them side by side. :)

LaFoto: I do play the viola. I started playing about 14 years ago. I haven't played much recently. I need to get back into it.

Moscovite: I almost always shoot with a flashgun attached to my camera via a cord. I just positioned the flash to the right and only aimed it at the scroll of the instrument. It didn't splash much light around and just lit the instrument.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back