Virginia Beach

amolitor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$foo.jpg

A color photo?!

I *know*! It's crazy. It turns out my camera can do that. Freaked me out.

Is Virginia Beach a destination for a family vacation or is it more commercial? I always had the impression is was not so much of a family beach with a boardwalk, etc.

Kinda cool. A seagull, a few surfers, some gentle waves.

VA beach is definitely a family destination. Classic beachfront. Miles of beach in front of miles of concrete "boardwalk" in front of miles of hotels in front of miles of chain restaurants, mini golf, and drinking establishments.

The water, whenever I've seen it, has been in that zone where the waves are big enough to make swimming a little tough but doable, and small enough that surfing is sort of lame but doable.

Is Virginia Beach a destination for a family vacation or is it more commercial? I always had the impression is was not so much of a family beach with a boardwalk, etc.

The nice thing about VA is that it has a boardwalk. Myrtle Beach, which of course is considered a family vacation destination, doesn't even have a boardwalk.

Where I come from, we call Highway 101 the boardwalk...380+ miles of entirely public, open, unposted beaches, and very little commercial development except in a dozen towns spread out over those 380 some odd miles...

You're in the land of "beaches belong to the highway department" right?

VA beach is definitely a family destination. Classic beachfront. Miles of beach in front of miles of concrete "boardwalk" in front of miles of hotels in front of miles of chain restaurants, mini golf, and drinking establishments.

The water, whenever I've seen it, has been in that zone where the waves are big enough to make swimming a little tough but doable, and small enough that surfing is sort of lame but doable.

Chain restaurants? More like run down crap sea food joints sprinkled with a few local gems (Tautogs, Murphy's.) Sandbridge is nice though. I am curious, as a local, which part of the beach this was shot and from which hotel.

This was shot from the Cavalier, up at the north end of the "main strip".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back