What's new

Viridiplantae

Demers18

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 11, 2011
Messages
1,330
Reaction score
265
Location
Sudbury
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This set I tried to go back to basics and simplify.
I know many will think they are underexposed and they are however it was intended as I really liked the feel and gave me the images I was looking for. I also tried to play with the DOF on a couple of them and would like to know your thoughts.

Thanks for looking.

1.

8189969776_e5810863d0_b.jpg
[/URL] PW-1 by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

2.

8188890181_a7e7dee038_b.jpg
[/URL] PW-2 by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

3.

8188890337_a5e218b9e5_b.jpg
[/URL] PW-3 by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

4.

8188890515_23b94f397f_b.jpg
[/URL] PW-4 by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

5.

8189969636_4ff8d8c19d_b.jpg
[/URL] PW-5 by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

6.

8188889735_e5768d3293_b.jpg
[/URL] PW-6 by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]
 
I'd say choose one...

Overall, I like the darkness, but the drops of water on the leaves are the eye attractors, and as such, should be, at least in my mind, somewhat more prominent. #2 is closest to that, and the drop there could be somewhat brighter...
 
I'd say choose one...

Overall, I like the darkness, but the drops of water on the leaves are the eye attractors, and as such, should be, at least in my mind, somewhat more prominent. #2 is closest to that, and the drop there could be somewhat brighter...

I would choose one but then I how would the other photos feel ;)

In all seriousness, I wanted to see which one people like the best because I like them as a set. I'm also curious to know if I succeeded in the various DOF's used.
As for the water drops being the eye attractors, yes I agree, however I believe they add to the rest of the image as well and the plant is also an important part, with it's detail on the leaves, as much as the placement of the drops. I tried to frame them to help guide you through the image.
I agree with the drop being brighter, although I wasn't able to achieve both a brighter drop and the mood I was aiming for.
 
I like the series and the darkness in it. #6 is out of sequence.....
:D
 
The leaves grow smaller and stem longer down.... i thought that was planned ...but the last one again big leaves :D
 
YEAH! SOme nice shootin' on these. My favorite I think, is the second one. These are subtle and evocative and low-key. I like that about them. Cool plant as well!
 
Frequency said:
The leaves grow smaller and stem longer down.... i thought that was planned ...but the last one again big leaves :D

I mean of course it was planned ;) I may have rearrange these now that you mention it.
Thanks Freq


Derrel said:
YEAH! SOme nice shootin' on these. My favorite I think, is the second one. These are subtle and evocative and low-key. I like that about them. Cool plant as well!

Thanks Derrel, much appreciated.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom