Virtual tour questions

Tomygunn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I see the last thread related to the question I have is almost ten years old with no answers so ill try this.

I want to start doing virtual tours (real estate, businesses)

I have a nikon d3500 with an APS-C sensor. With this sensor, will I still be getting the DSLR quality over the "360" cameras?

YouTube dude says full frame is a must. I already dropped $450 on this nikon.

Thank you in advance ☺

You'll need a very good, extremely wide-angle lens. Nikon has the DX 10-24 which is made for crop-sensor cameras like your D3500, but it's close to a grand. I just don't think the basic 18-55 lens that comes with the D3500 "kits" is going to give you enough field of view.

The photography you see from people that do this is not done with cheap equipment. And you haven't even mentioned lighting...

You'll need a very good, extremely wide-angle lens. Nikon has the DX 10-24 which is made for crop-sensor cameras like your D3500, but it's close to a grand. I just don't think the basic 18-55 lens that comes with the D3500 "kits" is going to give you enough field of view.

The photography you see from people that do this is not done with cheap equipment. And you haven't even mentioned lighting...
Are there cheaper options for the same angle lens? And let's talk lighting, what can I get away with just starting out

I have the newer Nikon 10-20mm af-p lens, It's fantastic and a lot cheaper. (Use it on my DX D7500 nikon)
I used to own the Tokina 11-16 f2.8, also fantastic, but despite missing the f2.8, I still prefer the nikon.

I also shoot some real estate with it!

If you really want to get into 360°... Perhaps this is a good choice?
You can also just get a 360 GoPro camera and start from there?
Also have a look at matterport

Are there cheaper options for the same angle lens? And let's talk lighting, what can I get away with just starting out
And with lighting... Yes you can start with flashes and make a whole setup, but there is another way...
HDR photography (same picture/place, but different exposures. Then the pics are stacked together afterwards with software like lightroom/photoshop).
Then on these HDR pics, I like to use dodge and burn a lot in lightroom.
... Of course, always shoot in RAW for more flexibility in the editing.

Ooh, and one last thing;
Use a tripod (long exposure), and don't put on all the lights in the houses you take pictures. Leave the lights off and make use of natural light.
Ofcource you can always put on some of those nice lights that creates atmosphere

Most reactions

New Topics

Back