vision loss threw view finder???

nrois02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so i had to get a physical done and when it was time to get the eye part done i thought i was going to rock it... my eyes have 20/20...well as it turned out my right eye is now 20/30... but both eyes i now have 20/15. so i was talking to my girlfriend and she thinks that maybe i was straining my eye so much that i am losing vision? is that possible? anyone know anything like this? please let me know cause i dont want to wear glasses! thanks!

hmm may I ask you how old you are? Because I remember a few years ago when my mom turned 50 she started to loose vision as well and after seeing an eye doctor who told her that it's normal for someone around her age or something like that. So I guess eyes could age just like the rest of your body lol.

haha sorry i forgot to put that. im 21 going on 22 soon. still young and have no idea whats doing this. but i remember the other night i was doing some night photos and i was talking to my buddy saying i was having trouble focusing. i dont know. i hope im not screwed.

Hmmm... one would think that, if this was a common and prevailing problem, it would have been discovered by now.

It could simply be a degenerative or aging problem and have nothing to do with the use of a camera. I've worn glasses since I was five or something.

true very true. i dont really know but i think there is glaucoma in my family. hopefully i dont have that but i think ill take a trip to the eye doctor and get this straightened out!

true very true. i dont really know but i think there is glaucoma in my family. hopefully i dont have that but i think ill take a trip to the eye doctor and get this straightened out!

Yeah you better do that because vision is the most valuable sense. I sincerely hope it's just myopia which I have been having since I was 15 -.-

I'm not an opthamologist, but it sounds like macular degeneration. It's often but not always caused by diabetes, and usually just aging eyes will develop it.
Alot of times with Macular degeneration, the vision will be blacked out in front, but the peripheral vision works fine, where they are able to see out of the corners of their eyes.

Yeah I was thinking age with your first post but, I would get a thorough exam. I didnt really start losing my 20/20 till I hit 45 and, part of that was due to an industrial accident. I had a hydralic line pop off a pump I was working on. It caused me to develope a cataract in my left eye, which I had fixed and, now my right is developing one slower but, it is coming. It also made my left eye astigmatic slightly but, the doc says he can fix that too. I now get eye exams every year as, when I was young I never did. You learn some things in life later that you should have done when you were younger. ;)

I USED to get an exam every other year. At age 16 I tried to get my drivers permit and failed the eye exam. Image the surprise on a LOT of peoples faces when they learned I needed glasses. And they thought I did poor in school because I was lazy or was just trying to cheat looking at other peoples notes.

Pay attention to your kids, I have two daughters at age 8 both got corrective glasses.

in 2003, I had lazik done in preparation for deploying overseas with the Army.

Couple things I have learned.
Eyes on some people are VERY stable. Your vision acuity can change just off of how fatigued you are. The more tired, the more eye strain and difficulty focusing.

Some people need to have eyes examined twice a year. While I was stable enough, in 18 years I think my prescription changed 3 times. My ex-wife was changing hers about every 9-15 months.

Taking my experience with the Army and marksmanship training, with most optics, you really get better results if you use both eyes. Your mind can adjust for up to about a 4X change between eyes. That's like using a 450 mm zoom lens. (300mm on a DX sensor.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back