Vivitar V-3000N ?

Ajax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone :, )

Do any of you have the Vivitar V-3000N or had use of of one ? as I am considering purchasing one and would very much appreciate any comments on it.

Many Thanks in advance :thumbup:

It's a Chinese copy of a Pentax K1000, but metal as opposed to plastic as a lot of cheap copies are. In other words, it's a decent copy of a very good camera, and should be reasonably reliable and take perfectly good photos with a good lens. It'll take Pentax K-mount lenses, which are widely available pretty cheap second-hand. Basically it's fine as a student camera, although for more reliability I'd personally recommend looking for a used Pentax instead, especially if it comes with a Pentax lens as this is likely to be better than the one on the Vivitar

Just out of interest, what are you planning to use it for and how much are you thinking of paying for it?

Its just for use while my two good cameras are being repaired.. just need something cheap but with a metal body (I dont like plastic bodies) it wiil be my back up when I get my beloved OM 10s back. I thought that original K1000s would go for more than the Vivitar does at £100 ?

Actually K1000s tend to go for around £50 from a certain online auction site; obviously there's always a slight risk buying second-hand but IMO it's worth it. Of course the K1000 isn't the only good manual or semi-manual SLR; there are various other Pentaxes, as well as classic Minoltas. Nikons and Canons of equivalent quality seem to me a bit too expensive for a backup camera. To be honest, I'm just too much a snob to consider a Vivitar SLR :mrgreen:. I'm sure it'll do the job just fine, it's just that I'd personally rather get a 'nicer' camera second-hand for less money.

I'm not really very keen on the idea of buying a camera of ebay as you never know if it will work or not (I'm suspiciously minded :mrgreen:). It looks like the Vivitar is the only new camera that ticks everything on my requirements sheet as it were ... so I'll more than likely get that one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back