Voigtlander 20mm

benlonghair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everybody. I'm looking for a prime wide angle for my D60. I was looking at Nikon, Sigma and Tamron, but they're either slow or really expensive. I'd like to avoid both. Not easy to do.

However, browsing BH I found the Voigtlander Color Skopar 20mm f/3.5. Seems to be everything I'm looking for. Fairly inexpensive, fairly fast and the whole manual focus thing I have no problem with. Especially since it has a distance meter with stop markers and I'll be using it for landscape mostly. Of course there's also the Nikon AF 20mm f/2.8D but from what I've read it's not all that great.

My biggest problem is there's very little written about the Voigtlander. I've seen examples on Flickr and the sharpness looks great. I've also seen comparisons of Voigtlander to both Ziess and Leica lenses, which makes me happy. However, then I read they also manufactured crappy cheap lenses and slapped the Nikon brand name on them.

Anybody have any experience with this lens? I'm also looking at their 58mm 1.4, but I think I'd be better off going with the Nikon 50 or 35 for that length.

Thanks for any insight.

Most reactions

Back