Voitlander Bessa 66 folding medium format camera

dxqcanada

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Voigtlander Bessa 66 (Klein/Baby Bessa 1938) Deluxe

120 film 6x6 format

Compur shutter: T,B,1-300. I suspect that this is a Skopar (Tessar) 75mm f/3.5 lens as the rear lens ring has a serial number printed on it (from all that I have read on the web). The hinged filter is missing (typical of these old Bessa's) and the front lens description ring.

I cleaned/fixed this up as best as I could. This camera appears to have been serviced before.
I have not had time to run a roll of film through it.

The camera has some tarnishing, slight rust, and slight denting on the top plate. There is some wear on the outer leather covering. The front V disk is missing so I replaced it with a circular piece of leatherette.
The focus ring is stiffer to turn than my Bessa 46. Aperture is working and looks good. The raised aperture handle is missing, but the aperture can still be set using the position marker. Shutter blades look good, speeds sound good, even the slow speeds.
The springs in the film door mechanism do not work, but door can still be closed via the locking lever
Depth of field disc is missing.
Counter advance and shutter advance release mechanisms are working.
Bellows are in great shape. I cannot see any light leakage.

It was going to to to eBay, but I thought someone on the Forum may like to get into Medium Format in this small camera.
Size comparison image (not mine): Bessa 66 + XA-2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I am asking only US$50.00 (which is what I paid for it) plus shipping ... via PayPal.

bessac.jpg

bessab.jpg

bessa66a.jpg

Last edited:
Still for sale.

I will have other vintage medium formats soon ... Ricoh Diacord G TLR and Minolta Autocord export TLR

Most reactions

Back