volvo under the aurora

nokk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
taken during a 2019 trip to iceland. a 2020 trip was planned, but you know what happened there. i was staying at a small hotel, maybe 6 rooms. the owner had his vintage car collection out back. i took some photos during the day time, but planned on a night shot and realized later that i wouldn't see the milky way behind it. then i found out that the aurora was supposed to be out (long story short, it was from a cousin who i didn't know was also in the country and about 20 miles away). but was so dim it just looked like a long whispy cloud to the naked eye. i wasn't even sure if that was it. so i played around with shutter speeds until something showed up. the volvo was lit by the hotel windows which allowed me to take this in one shot instead of my usual two frames.

50821512603_baa8e28e18_o.jpg

Stunning sky and car. Not much more to say.

Cool shot!

Very nice shot, love the sky and that beautiful old Volvo.
I've been telling myself I'd like to go there and get shots of the Aurora Borealis but I'll probably have to settle with shots of it from northern Michigan.

Stunning sky and car. Not much more to say.
thanks space face. luckily, there was a huge aurora display the night before i left. the foreground wasn't as nice that night, but i was happy to see the sky light up green with the naked eye.

Good shot......
thanks jeff.

The Aurora is on my long bucket list. Fortunately my wife's list is pretty much a duplicate of mine. :1219:
thanks dean. i was slightly disappointed with the aurora that night cause i couldn't really see it without the camera. it looked just like a long white cloud in the sky that was slowly moving. this was a 40 second exposure and the shortest exposure i took where i could see color. but a few nights later the aurora was bright green and more than visible to the naked eye. that was cool to see. hopefully you and your wife will get to see the aurora some day.

Cool shot!
thanks pjm.

Very nice shot, love the sky and that beautiful old Volvo.
I've been telling myself I'd like to go there and get shots of the Aurora Borealis but I'll probably have to settle with shots of it from northern Michigan.
you're not guaranteed to see the aurora while you're in iceland. but honestly, it's worth the trip even if you don't get to see it. that was hands down my favorite trip ever. the landscape is phenomenal, the food is amazing. it's pricey, but i'd do it again right now if covid wasn't an issue.

Great shot! Love the car.

great shot !!!! (only that black hole in the middle in bushes is little bit distracting)

great shot !!!! (only that black hole in the middle in bushes is little bit distracting)
thanks. not much i can do about the black hole, it's the unlit mountain in the background. the foreground plants and car were pretty well lit by the hotel lobby. if i were shooting again, knowing what i was looking for, then i probably would have shot from a lower angle, but then one of the trees may have covered up the aurora converging over top of the car.

Outstanding.
thanks.

Most reactions

Back