Wandering Sofa

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is from 2008, processed yesterday in B&W. I'm so used to seeing the original colour version that I don't know if this works. Would love to hear your thoughts.

p1422886378-4.jpg

EDIT: New version taking into account the feedback received from BlackSheep and pgriz:

p1425296328-4.jpg

Last edited:
I like it, haha, a random wandering couch is always fun.
I kind of want the sky to be a bit less dramatic, though, it takes attention away from the couch itself.
Out of curiosity, what did the colour version look like?

Really needs Miss Misery sitting in one the the corners of the sofa.

I find the brightness of the sofa relative to the background vegetation to be too stark. The other aspect is the bright sky section kinda makes my eyes bounce between the sofa and the sky, if that makes any sense. Now, if the vegetation was maybe about 1/2-1 stop brighter, the sofa would still be pretty obvious, but the clash between it and the surrounding would be a touch less.

Like it. Random furniture in odd places is always fun.

I kind of want the sky to be a bit less dramatic, though, it takes attention away from the couch itself.
Good point.

Out of curiosity, what did the colour version look like?
Here's the original version.

Really needs Miss Misery sitting in one the the corners of the sofa.
I hadn't yet met Sybil when this photo was taken :) The sofa is long gone now.

I find the brightness of the sofa relative to the background vegetation to be too stark. The other aspect is the bright sky section kinda makes my eyes bounce between the sofa and the sky, if that makes any sense. Now, if the vegetation was maybe about 1/2-1 stop brighter, the sofa would still be pretty obvious, but the clash between it and the surrounding would be a touch less.
Good points as well. I might work on this image some more today.

Thanks all for the feedback!

Last edited:
Some how I missed this one. That is some creepy processing.... nice!

Wouldn't change a thing.

Dunno why, but I made me think of the music video for Blur's "Coffee and TV" (but that was a Milk Carton, not a sofa)
Probably just me ...

[video=vimeo;16342611]http://vimeo.com/16342611[/video]

Some how I missed this one. That is some creepy processing.... nice!
Thank you, sir. I've now added a new edit to the OP that is not necessarily creepy.

Wouldn't change a thing.

Dunno why, but I made me think of the music video for Blur's "Coffee and TV" (but that was a Milk Carton, not a sofa)
Probably just me ...
Thanks, Rob. That's an awesomely creative video, kind of a British answer to Soul Asylum's "Runaway Train". My wandering sofa (well, my title) was inspired by Amelie's travelling gnome.

BlackSheep and pgriz, thanks once again for your feedback. Please see the first post above for a new edit based on your suggestions. I like this new edit better.

Last edited:
I like the new edit very much!
And I checked out the colour version, it is quite awesome as well.
Nice shot!

Yep, I like it better too - somewhat better transition (less abrupt) between the dark and light. The vegetation in the curve of the road shows better tonality, and overall there is more texture. This version gives a different feeling compared to the colour version, and it is somewhat more subtle compared to your first conversion.

While I like the black and white conversion, the color one keeps me looking longer. I like it better.

Dude, you are sofa king good on the creativity. ;)

Dude, you are sofa king good on the creativity. ;)
Haha, thank you! But I didn't really do anything creative here (other than stumbling upon the sofa :)).

Thanks all for the comments. I wasn't 100% sure about the original B&W edit, but a couple subtle changes resulted in an image I'm very happy with. Gotta love feedback.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back