want to buy first analog reflex

ognistik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
until now I've only tried digital. I have a Nikon D70s with some lenses... so I wonder if I can buy an analog reflex that can fit my Nikon D70s lenses... I don't know if that's possible... it would be awesome if it is.

if not... then, what camera you guys recomend. I don't want to spend more than $ 500, and I'll probably get a second hand one. Don't know. I was thinking about a Nikon F2...

actually, it's 'cause I'll take photography classes next semester, and I'll learn how to reveal (so excited)... so just let me know what you guys think is best

If your lenses are DX, they don't cover the whole 35mm frame.

If you're using the 18-70 on your D70, you can buy an N80 and 24-85 AF-S and essentially have the exact same system pimped out on film. the 24-85 even has the same outer construction!

You can buy the N80 of craigslist for $100, and the 24-85 off of B&H for about $250ish i'd imagine and still have a little over $100 left over, SWEET!

Do you want to keep the SLR after the class?

If so, and you budget is for a body only, then you owe it to yourself to get an F5. Or you could go a little cheaper and get an F100.

Both cameras can be set to be used in Manual mode for the classes you might take and both are really great cameras in their own right.

Get either one of these and you shouldn't have to get another 35mm film body ever.

I read some reviews about the F5... that one seems great... maybe I can get it...

is there any posibility that my Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 will fit?... at least that lens would be enough...

I read some reviews about the F5... that one seems great... maybe I can get it...

is there any posibility that my Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 will fit?... at least that lens would be enough...

Yes, that lens will be fine. The F5 is a huge heavy camera, you should hold it and see how it feels in your hand before dropping the cash. You might consider the F100. It was a pro-level around the same time as the F5 but it's smaller. I haven't used one personally but the controls seem similar to the d70. (kinda like the current d3 vs. d300)

Personally, I always loved the F4 and might get one one day. It's a little older technology compared to the F5 and F100, it's got dials instead of buttons (which is one thing I like, plus it just has an awesome look). One thing that's cool about it that i've read is that it's better with manual focus lenses than the newer cameras, if you're into that, but still can use AF.

oh, thanks a lot guys... now I'm thinking a lot between the F4 and the F100... dang! the F100 seems a better camera but the dials on the F4 are something I've never tried, but the looks are great... don't know what to do... probably I'll go for the F100...

F100 or F4... what would you guys get if you were me

Instead of dropping $500 on a film camera you could save some money, buy an older manual body and still be perfectly happy with it. I have an old Nikon FG20 and FA and I don't miss the autofocus at all. Plus, the older autofocus systems are not nearly as clever as the new ones and it might be more of a source of frustration than convienience. I tend to use the FG20 a lot more because it's really small and light with my 50mm 1.8 and is a perfect walk-around camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back