Wanted Dead or Alive

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
dobie010.jpg
one shot after the other was a mug shot... help

i also tried a color background.. but what color would be good.. because the burnt orange did not do anything..How do you get your dog to smile.. i said cat about 100 times.. nothing..

Why the long face?:lol:

Last edited:
Next week on a very special episode of COPS.... ;)

I know you say "help" but I have to tell you that I love that shot.

I find it hard to get good shots of my dog if she is aware that I am taking pictures. She will focus on the camera and I get a result like yours (but it doesn't look as good). I usually try to snap pictures when she is too tired to care what I am doing or when she is playing with someone else. Im looking forward to seeing some more shots. That is an awesome dog.

Back up about 5 feet you are to close. Get the dogs eyes in focus the nose does not have to be perfect, shoot it at about F5.6.
Get a nice fairly clean background that will add some color/character to the shot, some nice earthy tones.
Point your flash to the side wall, bounce it onto the dog, not direct.
Get someone else to call your dog so he is looking to the side about 45 degrees, the camera should be slightly above the dog so the angle is not right down his nose.
Try that and post an example.

I find it hard to get good shots of my dog if she is aware that I am taking pictures. She will focus on the camera and I get a result like yours (but it doesn't look as good). I usually try to snap pictures when she is too tired to care what I am doing or when she is playing with someone else. Im looking forward to seeing some more shots. That is an awesome dog.
thanks very much for your imput.. i will definitly try that.. also going to take a couple of action shots in snow today.. so you will get to see the dobie..thanks very much

Back up about 5 feet you are to close. Get the dogs eyes in focus the nose does not have to be perfect, shoot it at about F5.6.
Get a nice fairly clean background that will add some color/character to the shot, some nice earthy tones.
Point your flash to the side wall, bounce it onto the dog, not direct.
Get someone else to call your dog so he is looking to the side about 45 degrees, the camera should be slightly above the dog so the angle is not right down his nose.
Try that and post an example.
i am going to take a few pics outside today...and after when i come in i will try a shot just like you described here... thanks so much Shockey...and will post a new shot later... happy new year..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back