What's new

Wanted!

SamiJoSchwirtz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 5, 2012
Messages
740
Reaction score
53
Location
Poplar&Hawthorne, Wisconsin
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So about 5 months ago I spent a long time deciding over the 501.4 and 851.8. Went with the 50..
I now want to see what the 85 is like as well :) if you have one for sale, please pm me! Thanks!
 
Hard to help without knowing what kind of camera you have - brand and model number..... :)
 
There are a bunch over at POTN. I see them going from 260-340 shipped, so I'm going to say to not pay more than 300.

It's a nice lens. I don't always use mine because it is a bit tight on a cropped body (I have a T2i), so just keep that in mind.
 
There are a bunch over at POTN. I see them going from 260-340 shipped, so I'm going to say to not pay more than 300.

It's a nice lens. I don't always use mine because it is a bit tight on a cropped body (I have a T2i), so just keep that in mind.

Hmm I have a 60D.
I've heard it's a bit tight.
Sell yours to me?! Lol
I don't know whether I should get it or not. I have a 501.4 already and I've heard they're basically identical. Just curious though
 
Sami, I have the 85 1.8, and then I bought the 85mm 1.2 later down the road when I started doing weddings. I tell you what though, the 1.8 is soooo much faster to focus then the 1.2. Don't get me wrong, when the 1.2 does its magic, or I manually focus, it is an amazing lens, BUT I would have to say the 1.8 is one hell of a lens too. It used to be my go to lens before I had the 1.2. You will be very happy with it. I think you made the right choice though with the 50mm first. You need both. Do you like how I say NEED?
 
There are a bunch over at POTN. I see them going from 260-340 shipped, so I'm going to say to not pay more than 300.

It's a nice lens. I don't always use mine because it is a bit tight on a cropped body (I have a T2i), so just keep that in mind.

Hmm I have a 60D.
I've heard it's a bit tight.
Sell yours to me?! Lol
I don't know whether I should get it or not. I have a 501.4 already and I've heard they're basically identical. Just curious though

60D is still a cropped body.

lol, I like it too much to sell it, even tho I don't use it often. I have a friend who is selling his (as well as his 50 1.4), but I don't think he wants to bother with shipping.

And like Kathy said, it's super quick at AF'ing. Very sharp, and has render OOF areas very nicely, imo.
 
60D is still a cropped body.

lol, I like it too much to sell it, even tho I don't use it often. I have a friend who is selling his (as well as his 50 1.4), but I don't think he wants to bother with shipping.

And like Kathy said, it's super quick at AF'ing. Very sharp, and has render OOF areas very nicely, imo.

I know... Re. Read what I said lol that's why I said I wasn't sure then.
where is he located? I hate shipping lol
 
60D is still a cropped body.

lol, I like it too much to sell it, even tho I don't use it often. I have a friend who is selling his (as well as his 50 1.4), but I don't think he wants to bother with shipping.

And like Kathy said, it's super quick at AF'ing. Very sharp, and has render OOF areas very nicely, imo.

I know... Re. Read what I said lol that's why I said I wasn't sure then.
where is he located? I hate shipping lol

Woops, re-read what you said. LOL.


He's located in the Bay Area, California. I spoke with him a couple days ago (was supposed to try his 135mm f2L and he try my 100mm f2.8 on his 5D2, but I didn't want him to get disappointed since there was nothing worthy taking a macro pic of, lol). He said it's not that he doesn't want to ship, just "lazy." :lmao:
 
Hmm.
threads like these always make me consider going shopping.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom